Thread: DM407 Moose (Palmer/Chickaloon north of Matanuska)

Default DM407 Moose (Palmer/Chickaloon north of Matanuska)

Looking for some advice/intel as I try to plan my moose hunt in 14A. Looks like lots of private land but only a few trails. Never been there so any advice would be much appreciated. Plan to talk to Fish/Game this weekend in Palmer for their take and advice.

Areas I should concentrate? Good trails for trucks or ATV? Any gotcha's?

Spent the caribou opener on Denali with a bud...he bagged a nice bull. Lots of rain and flooded creeks. Be careful out there!
    image.jpg

Hoping its my turn to fill the freezer as well!

Thanks Cujo

This tag is pretty targeted on people want list to fill their freezer. I will give you a few pointers that are no secret to anybody. Once you pull into sutton from anchorage there is like a bar/library something on the left hand side of the road. Turn left on that road i think it is jonesville mine road. Drive that road all the way til the end and there will be someplace to park. drive your four wheeler back down the road you just went on until you see some trails cut into the woods. Take them, and the deeper you go the better your odds. once again this place is not a secret so go early and go on a week day to better your success.

PM sent for additional info.

Thanks again JoJo!
    Attached Images Attached Images