Thread: Anyone use Kern Impeller and Propelelr repair

Default Anyone use Kern Impeller and Propelelr repair

Met them at the sportsman show this spring and they have competitive pricing. Just wondering if anyone has any feedback on the service or products that they offer.
    Cheers,
    Matt

used them to sharpen my impeller, but didnt have them rebalance it. Quick service and turn around. Will use them again
    NRA life Member JVJ

Used them years ago with good quality work.

I have an impeller rebuilt by them, they do good work.

Location and contact #? I need a new hub installed on a prop.
    The emphasis is on accuracy, not power!

I have, and won't again... Completely ruined an impeller and refused to make it right...i didn't pay him anything but just walked away with a worthless impeller... ...

...and i have to give credit where it's due... Garret at AK Frontier offered to take the grossly out of balance and fubar'd impeller and swap it out for a freshly rebuilt one...I didn't take him up on the offer but it was a very nice gesture...
    ------------------------------------------------
    pull my finger....

I used to use him back when he welded stainless to the old bronze impellers. He also did many 1031 impellers for me, good work. My friends have taken Rich 241 and some 1031 impellers with good results. I think if you stick with the impellers he has dome in the past he is good. They had no complaints about his work. I think TJM's was a sport jet impeller and he had never done one before, not something I would give out to a first timer to learn on.

Making mistakes are quite understandable and forgivable...the absolute lack of customer service or give a crap is inexcusable...

I exercised extreme patience and gave him an extraordinary amount of latitude to make the situation better... He refused to work on the impeller any further and told me to take it elsewhere....

The impeller looked like my kids made it out of play-doh when he was finished with it...every welder that looked at it laughed out loud when they saw it...(I took it to three guys to inspect)...he's getting older, maybe his hands aren't nearly as steady as they used to be....

It cost me a $500+ impeller to try him out, I hope your experience is more positive....
    ------------------------------------------------
    pull my finger....

Thank you all for your honest feedback. Agreed anyone can make a mistake, but owning up to it is a vital part of running a successful enterprise.