Thread: NFA Trust Lawyer?

Default NFA Trust Lawyer?

I'm sure this question has been asked before but please bear with me. I'm wanting to get a suppressor for my .22lr pistol and don't really know the best way to go about it. I know I don't want to get the chiefs signature, finger prints, photo, $150.00 fee, yada yada yada. So I've been looking into a "Trust". I've heard people using an online program like "Will Maker" and others but I'm not sure if I would do fill out the paperwork correctly. I've heard people going that route and not having any problems whatsoever, but I've also heard people getting their firearms seized and taken away. My main question is.... Is it worth going the online program route or just sucking it up and paying for an NFA Trust Lawyer to draw up the paperwork? I know going and paying a lawyer would probably cost the same if not more as if i was to try and get the chiefs signature, the fees, finger prints, and photos but the less hoops the better i guess. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

Have heard lots of 'I heard this guy got in trouble and has to pick up the powdered soap all day' lines, but no specifics, ever. Lots of people who have online/Willmaker trusts and Class 3 stuff just fine, and nobody shot their dog when their house was raided.

But read http://forums.outdoorsdirectory.com/...t-information!

Quote Originally Posted by Sharpshooterassassin View Post
    I'm wanting to get a suppressor for my .22lr pistol and don't really know the best way to go about it. I know I don't want to get the chiefs signature, finger prints, photo, $150.00 fee, yada yada yada.
    Ummmmm. I may be mistaken on this, I'm not a moderator or anything, but, isn't there a forum rule against asking for, and/or giving, advice on how to skirt or break laws? It sure looks like that's what you're asking. Hope I'm wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by FL2AK-Old Town View Post
    Ummmmm. I may be mistaken on this, I'm not a moderator or anything, but, isn't there a forum rule against asking for, and/or giving, advice on how to skirt or break laws? It sure looks like that's what you're asking. Hope I'm wrong.

It’s not skirting anything and is completely legal if properly set up. The guy asked a valid question about conducting a legal activity, no different than asking is it worth hiring H&R Block to do my taxes or should I just use Turbotax and do it myself.

As to the OPs question, the stakes are high dealing with NFA so I’d just repeat the old saying, he who represents himself has a fool for a client.
    Andy
    On the web= C-lazy-F.co
    Email= Andy@C-lazy-F.co
    Call/Text 602-315-2406
    Phoenix Arizona

I'm not asking how to bend the rules and or laws. I'm just asking which way is the best way to do it without getting into any trouble. If a lawyer is the best way and I have to pay a butt load of money, then so be it. But if there is an easier lawful way, then so be it. I just don't want to get into any trouble.

Quote Originally Posted by Sharpshooterassassin View Post
    I'm not asking how to bend the rules and or laws. I'm just asking which way is the best way to do it without getting into any trouble. If a lawyer is the best way and I have to pay a butt load of money, then so be it. But if there is an easier lawful way, then so be it. I just don't want to get into any trouble.
    There is an attorney that is only about $250-300 last I heard, Yale Metzger in Anchorage.
    Andy
    On the web= C-lazy-F.co
    Email= Andy@C-lazy-F.co
    Call/Text 602-315-2406
    Phoenix Arizona

I'll check him out. Thanks!

I've dealt with Yale, he's a standup guy.

Talk to WWG, they have a deal with Metzgar/purchasing your suppressor.
    Great spirits have always found violent opposition from mediocre minds. The latter cannot understand it when a man does not thoughtlessly submit to hereditary prejudices but honestly and courageously uses his intelligence. Albert Einstein

Better living through chemistry (I'm a chemist)

You can piddle with the puppies, or run with the wolves...

If i remember the WWG deal was something like if you buy the NFA item from them they gave you a $XXX credit toward the trust set up... and the set up was at a reduced price for WWG customers. Just call WWG and ask about it.
    2007 Kingfisher 2825 - Stor Fisk

Civilization ends at the waterline. Beyond that, we all enter the food chain, and not always right at the top. -- Hunter S. Thompson

Yeah, if I buy the suppressor from WWG, Yale Metzger will basically shave off a percentage of the normal price that he usually charges to set up the Trust for you. I guess if WWG brings him business, then he'll charge a little bit less. As long as I don't get into trouble and I jump through all the hoops legally, I'm happy with it.

Hey! If I look thru this empty beer bottle, I think I can see Russia from here!!!

seems the $150 background check fee for APD has been dropped. Friend just got a "refund" check from the municipaliy.
    “You’ve gotten soft. You’re like one of those police dogs who’s released in to the wild and gets eaten by a deer or something.” Bill McNeal of News Radio

Anyone thinking about doing this, better get the paperwork in order fast; it might not be an option for long.

Note: I'm not starting a political discussion (I hate those, and I've already contributed more than I should.) Just sharing some info.

Look here and read the news article from AP: http://forums.outdoorsdirectory.com/...92#post1320892

Hey! If I look thru this empty beer bottle, I think I can see Russia from here!!!

Quote Originally Posted by FL2AK-Old Town View Post
    Anyone thinking about doing this, better get the paperwork in order fast; it might not be an option for long.

Note: I'm not starting a political discussion (I hate those, and I've already contributed more than I should.) Just sharing some info.

Look here and read the news article from AP: http://forums.outdoorsdirectory.com/...92#post1320892

I havent looked on the Fed Registry to see if the NPRM is out yet so I dont know how long the comment period will be or what the effective date of the new reg will be, but if I would going to use a trust or corp. I would do some hard and fast reading before sending in a form 1 or form 4 since they are currently running 9 months from pending to approved, the new reg could very well go into effect during that time span, especially if you need to wait a month or two for a form 3 to clear before you can even submit your form. Normaly the Feds dont push regs thru that fast, but you can never tell how efficient gun hating, liberal government empoyees can be when properly motivated. just sayin..
    “You’ve gotten soft. You’re like one of those police dogs who’s released in to the wild and gets eaten by a deer or something.” Bill McNeal of News Radio

You are already too late. Recent transfers are taking up to 9 months. If you wanted something not in stock it would be 4-6 weeks before you could even submit your forms.
    "I'd rather be fishing!"

I'm in no hurry. I just want to do it the right way and not break any laws. If getting one is not an option anymore, then so be it then. Thanks though for all the help and input so far.

I'm going into Anchorage this coming Monday. I have a date set with WWG to lay down long green for a suppressor. I plan on a .30 so I can use it on smaller calibers, on my .300 and .308. Going to begin the waiting process. Maybe. Right now looking at the SRT Arms Shadow XL Ti. I need to call them to find out what adapters I need.

Here's a good video of the difference one can make. This is a comparison of the .22-250 using virtually identical rifles. It is remarkable. The flick was made by these guys: http://www.oneillops.com/index.html

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=gWYxUbctX3E
    Great spirits have always found violent opposition from mediocre minds. The latter cannot understand it when a man does not thoughtlessly submit to hereditary prejudices but honestly and courageously uses his intelligence. Albert Einstein

Better living through chemistry (I'm a chemist)

You can piddle with the puppies, or run with the wolves...

Quote Originally Posted by Alangaq View Post
    I dont know how long the comment period will be
    The article I read said 90 day comment period.