Thread: Parks Highway conditions and reports?

Default Parks Highway conditions and reports?

Just wondering what the current stream conditions are on the parks highway and if any silvers or bows are still being caught? Looking to spend a couple days there or on the Richardson.

Thanks,
    Greg

little su as of half hour ago is high and starting to get muddy. didn't see a single silver just a couple old pinks being washed down stream. but the higher water just might alow a little more movement I hope.

power commuting twixt the valley and anchorage

I floated little willow on Saturday. Kid caught some pinks, we saw some chums too. There was a river-wide sweeper in there. A few people at the mouth of willow creek had some silvers on the banks.
    My only gear sponsor is the salvation army - Dick Griffith

Willow creek went from 300 to 1800 cfs over night. Montana creek water volume tripled. Expect high water until rains subside.
    "The North wind is cold no matter what direction it's blowing"

At the rate we are going that might not be till the rain turns to snow lol.

sounds like crossing willow could be a blast rite now!!! almost lost my youngest brother last year due to high muddy water. we crossed and fished as it was raining and a few hours later the river was way higher and realy not crossable. the only thing that saved him from the fast stuff was a tree hanging way off the bank he grabed and we had to go get him! when your waders feel up ur helpless in a river, he was just bounceing off the bottom and if would have made it like said to the deeper sweepers he would not be around. be very careful wadeing around.

Default Any Updates?

Looks like the rain is supposed to stop by Friday evening. Any updates on water conditions? Thanks in advance.

Default Parks Highway conditions and reports?

Here ya go…
    Expect a slow decent on that curve through the weekend. If the rain were to subside as predicted Monday/Tuesday should be good and fishable.

Quote Originally Posted by AlcanRon View Post
    Looks like the rain is supposed to stop by Friday evening. Any updates on water conditions? Thanks in advance.
    Was at Willow last night and not quite blown out but high and muddy

Danner,

What is that app you are using? Looks better than the USGS site I have been using or did they develop a mobile friendly app?
    “The perils of duck hunting are great - especially for the duck.” Walter Cronkite

Went out to the mouth of Willow this morning, the metal walkway was totally under water. I turned around and went home.

Quote Originally Posted by akdodger View Post
    Danner,

What is that app you are using? Looks better than the USGS site I have been using or did they develop a mobile friendly app?
    It's an app called fish head. It's awesome. I think it costs a few bucks, but totally worth it. Every gauge in state and outside are available with up to minute reporting of water volume and/or height, weather, and tide info. Excellent graphs also.

power commuting twixt the valley and anchorage

Just floated willow, pretty high and fast but only a little off color. Here is a from the launch north of the bridge. Last saturday we did the little willow. Was low and clear with a river wide sweeper we had to leap frog.
    My only gear sponsor is the salvation army - Dick Griffith

Hardly any fish left on the willow. The high water pushed them all out. Time to check else where for bows.