Thread: little su "millers reach"

Default little su "millers reach"

any one been fishing that stretch. I checked it out today to try to catch a couple white fish but didn't find none. I would have loved to have fished salmon as well so I can get probly one more fish so I can smoke some and have at least 2 fillets and maybe a nice big chum full of eggs. the dogs love smoked salmon and I don't mind smoked chums at all but if you can get chum eggs that are broken in singles already and cure slightly and jar them you will catch rainbows like mad at ice out in the spring on the lakes, it is also one of my favorite bead colors on the creeks. anyhow I did not see a single salmon. I tried around the boat launch and then at the end of the road just a touch closer to the bridge were you walk down to a couple nice corners. I didn't spend but 20 mins each so could have just not been none when I was there but there was a couple trout. one tiny about 7inches and one that was very nice at a solid 25inches but quickly let them back to feeding. hopefuly others have had great times in this stretch as it used to be a very great place to drive to and do very well. how long might it take for a silver to run from the weir to the parks bridge I wonder at a normal pace.

I fished that area on Saturday and only saw and caught chum salmon. They were few and far between. The kids had a blast and it was fun watching them. No silvers seen.

just got home from a very quick trip to the millers reach boat launch and two casts two silvers one of them weighing in at 12lbs not to bad. the river is very high all the way to the top of the launch almost in to the parking lot.

So I gotta ask, where is "millers reach" compared to Burma landing or the parks hwy?
    brad g.
    So Cal, USA
    Visit my Sporting Clays website
    http://www.ysr-racer.com

its a road on the left before the bridge if going north on the parks. about a 2 to 3 hour float from the parks depending on how you go about it. it is the last float stop before Burma. you can also get to the river to an awesome hole via wheeler or big truck across from king arthor or how ever it is spelled. but now due to the railroad construction im not to sure as they intend on building a new bridge. once I finish putting my truck back together ill put the word out on the trail but not sure if allowed any more. the water holes can get deep so I wouldn't try it in a truck anywere near stock rite now. I did drive my Taurus to the end about 2 months ago!!!

Quote Originally Posted by ysr_racer View Post
    So I gotta ask, where is "millers reach" compared to Burma landing or the parks hwy?
    Millers Reach = Houston, the parks hwy...