Thread: Kodiak Hunt Questions

Default Kodiak Hunt Questions

I drew a goat tag on the Kodiak, the North Road System permit or DG479. I've never been to Kodiak let alone been hunted there so I thought I'd start here and get some info. My dad and I will be going together and hope to have a good all around time. We leave the 19th of September and return the 26th. I was thinking, in addition to the goat hunt, we could hunt deer and fish for silvers. We'll have a truck to get around and will be camping out along the road. I'll have a heavy duty arctic oven tent to dry out and handle the Kodiak winds. My questions are pretty basic such as expectations for hunting this unit for goats? I've got a friend who did is last year with his son and have talked to a few folks but you can't have enough info so any opinions and suggestions. What should I expect? I'm also interested in silver fishing and what to bring and expect? I'm mainly an ocean fisherman up here but have some spinning rods, gear, and some fly fishing gear as well. What should I bring and any ideas where to go? I've also heard the south road system may be best for deer. What should we expect there, is the road system even worth hunting, and what about the north? Most importantly, I don't want to have my dad buy a hunting or fishing license only for it not to be worth it. Is it worth the money for an out of state hunter to buy a fishing/hunting license for this strip? Thanks in advance for the help.

No responses? I'm not looking for anyone's secret spots. I'm just interested in general info and what to expect.

pm sent...