Thread: Valdez Silvers

Default Valdez Silvers

What's the word on Valdez Silvers? Looking at the weekend for a trip. Is anyone having any luck? Is Allison Pt. a hot spot?

Thx,
    Tom

Moderate but steady off the Point. People are limiting out if you put in the time and manage to wade through a hundred-thousand dying pinks. Off shore they are nailing them. Beach action gets better daily.
    Winter is Coming...

Go GeocacheAlaska!

Took the kids to allison to catch some pinks, the silver's are in the narrows big time.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    "I'd rather be fishing!"

Thinking of taking my brother, who is flying in on Thursday, to Valdez for silvers. What's the best way to fish em off Allison Point, pixies/vibraxes? Will they hit eggs under a bobber? Or should we look at renting a boat and going out to the Narrows or Mineral Creek? Can't seem to find any websites about boat rentals out of Valdez though.

See harbormaster about boat rentals. There are skiffs for rent at the harbor. They don't have diddly about it on their website. You don't need to go all the way to the narrows. Look at where all the boats are fishing along the north side of the port, about half-way out.

Lures off the beach are going to come back with a pink every single cast. My best luck off the beach this time of year (when there are a ton of pinks, is to use cured eggs at high tide and pitch them out beyond the "pink line". Either hang 'em under a bobber or float them over a sinker. Let 'em soak, but move them every once in awhile. IMO, most egg strikes occur right after you drag the eggs in a couple feet. I believe it is the movement that entices the strike when you're fishing a stationary spot from shore.
    Winter is Coming...

Go GeocacheAlaska!

Harbor master does not rent boats. Go to Fish Central, down from the Harbor Masters office heading West. Down about 1/2 a block. If you are military, EEillison rents boats to the military.

Vietnam - June 70 - Feb. 72
    Cancer from Agent Orange - Aug. 25th 2012
    Cancer Survivor - Dec. 14th 2012

The silvers are in and Dayville Rd. is packed with people. Allison point seems to be the hot spot. I have seen people catching limits after an hour or so. Pinks seem only be a problem when the tide starts going out. Yesterday, it was shoulder to shoulder fishing off of Allison point.

Mac5115 hit it on the head. Shoulder to shoulder combat fishing at Allison Point. Dead pinks all over the beach by the thousands.... and dead fish swimming out in the water (zombie fish). Seemed to see the most silvers caught at the very end of the road and down the path to the beach right there just by the entry to the terminal. Not sure why...but a notable difference from other spots I observed while kayaking. Kodiak Custom skirted spinners in pink from The Prospecter in Valdez and pink hoochie spinner specials were amazingly productive compared to other gear I saw. They also didn't get hung up in the rocks as much.

Too many people for me. It was more crowded than the Kenai was for reds this July....... But for SURE...the silvers are in. If you can get there during the week I think it would be more fun!!!

By boat the hot spot seemed to be between Mineral Springs and the Gold Mines...... But I was kayak fishing and it was a bit of a haul for me. Kind of choppy too!!! Fish are big this year and still chrome bright! Have fun!!!
    "The Nation which forgets its defenders will itself be forgotten.
    In memory of our troops...defenders of our freedom."

Awesome pic buddy. Always fun to get them kiddles out on the water and havem catchin the fishes as well. Good times to be had by all I always say... "fishon"
    Quote Originally Posted by Grayling Slayer View Post
    Took the kids to allison to catch some pinks, the silver's are in the narrows big time.
    "Fisherman for Life" and "Phantom owner Forever"

Honey Hole produces again. Two hours after high tide last night. No body fishing on the beach near this sweet spot, but there were a bunch fishin over on the west side of the point, though the action looked slower than it had been the last few days. As to my spot, nuttin' but silvers, one after another.

IMG00287-20130825-2042.jpg

Mepps rules the day, again!
    Winter is Coming...

Go GeocacheAlaska!