Thread: Tok area Moose Hunt Questions...

Default Tok area Moose Hunt Questions...

I was wondering if any one has experience hunting bulls in the remainder area of Unit 12 around Tok. I am heading up there with in a couple days and any information on some good places to camp and glass in would be grateful. And for you veteran hunters, when do you think is the best time(s) during the day to glass/call for bulls?

Thanks

Alaska - I wasn't born here, but I got here as soon as I could!

Quote Originally Posted by ODGamer View Post
    I was wondering if any one has experience hunting bulls in the remainder area of Unit 12 around Tok. I am heading up there with in a couple days and any information on some good places to camp and glass in would be grateful. And for you veteran hunters, when do you think is the best time(s) during the day to glass/call for bulls?

Thanks
    Best time to glass is anytime it's light...seriously, you should be glassing all day. As for calling, it's pretty early yet but if you are going to call this time of year, I'd say call sparingly, and very early in the am, and very late in the afternoon/evening.

Quote Originally Posted by Frostbitten View Post
    Best time to glass is anytime it's light...seriously, you should be glassing all day. As for calling, it's pretty early yet but if you are going to call this time of year, I'd say call sparingly, and very early in the am, and very late in the afternoon/evening.
    Wow!!! I don't think is possible to have giver a more perfect answer. Good job and a rep points to you