Thread: wooldridg reverse bucket

Default wooldridg reverse bucket

So I just installed my new wooldridge reverse bucket, my problem is the boat has dual levers, one for throttle and one for shifting and everytime I give throttle in reverse it wants to shift in to forward. I can hold down on it with moderate force and keep it in gear but its difficult to operate the wheel and throttle while holding down on the gear shifter. Is this a common problem with dual levers or do I need to adjust something? On a different note I was thinking about upgrading to a single lever, is this a simple conversion I can do or is it best left to the pros? It currently has teeflex controls and was looking at uflex controls, will I need different cables or will the old ones work?

The best source of information I would thing would to call Wooldridge.

The boat is a phantom with 200 opti. Thanks

Depending on how you have the reverse bucket adjusted, the force of the jet is trying to shove the bucket out of the way. My Wooldridge shifter has what feels like a detent on the reverse where it feels locked in. Maybe yours is not traveling far enough?
    2002 Wooldridge Sport 2000, 21', 350 Kodiak Jet, "CindyLou"
    26' Olympic Sport Sedan, 5.7 Volvo, 280 Volvo, getting there, "CindyLouTwo"
    20' Alumatech Airboat
    EagleQuest Cabins and Lodge--Willow

Quote Originally Posted by keh View Post
    Depending on how you have the reverse bucket adjusted, the force of the jet is trying to shove the bucket out of the way. My Wooldridge shifter has what feels like a detent on the reverse where it feels locked in. Maybe yours is not traveling far enough?
    I been told Wooldridge has very good customer service you could still ask them or talk to Phantom......... I think keh answer your question.

No real dent that I know of, it makes a clicking sound going in and out of neutral. I have always been able to push the bucket around by hand and the shifter moves with it, but it does not lock in any position. I adjusted the bucket stop but no luck there. May look at the controls but not sure what im looking for there.

check your shift cable housing where it goes through the transom. it sounds like the housing is broken and allowing the bucket to move.