Thread: Binoculars (The BIG, Heavy, Powerful type) any input.......???

Default Binoculars (The BIG, Heavy, Powerful type) any input.......???

I am considering a pair of much larger (15X56 or even 20X80) binoculars. They would strictly be for checking the mountains encircling the cabin or predator calling. Interested in any thoughts on the Good-Bad-Ugly of powerful binoculars. Or a Link to an article about there use.

Thank You

Vortex Kaibab.

Amazing

That is one I am look hard at, Where is the best place to buy.......???

Quote Originally Posted by Marc Taylor View Post
    Vortex Kaibab.

Amazing

Have compared my 10 x 42 Leicas and other 10 x 42 Swaros to a friends 15 x 56 Swaros at near dark and it is a factor of WOW!

Some day.... When I have the time. I would love to get a pair of 15X60 BGA Porro Prism Zeiss Binoculars and then send them in to Zeiss for Tcoating with loutec. You would have one sweet set of sheep glasses.

Sincerely,
    Thomas

I do know that a friend of mine in AZ. hunts the "gray ghost" with some big Doctor binos. I guess a lot of them down there do.
    Sheep hunting...... the pain goes away, but the stupidity remains...!!!

Steiner 20x80. Friend raves about them.

Well I got my Swarovski 15X56 Binoculars about 2 hours ago..........WOW is the only word. To my surprise after 6 cups of coffee, I could handhold for use. $1,699. at Cabela's and/or Optic Planet. WOW.....WOW.....WOWIE. I will post a full review after about two weeks of use.

Quote Originally Posted by 450 ktm View Post
    Have compared my 10 x 42 Leicas and other 10 x 42 Swaros to a friends 15 x 56 Swaros at near dark and it is a factor of WOW!

AGL,
    Congrats on the new purchase. Looking forward to the review. Those could definitely work as a combo binocular and spotting scope. I'll be curious how long you're able to look through them just holding them up without a tripod.

Quote Originally Posted by AGL4now View Post
    Well I got my Swarovski 15X56 Binoculars about 2 hours ago..........WOW is the only word. To my surprise after 6 cups of coffee, I could handhold for use. $1,699. at Cabela's and/or Optic Planet. WOW.....WOW.....WOWIE. I will post a full review after about two weeks of use.
    Whats the word on those binos, AGL? Two weeks is up!
    Your sarcasm is way, waaaayyyyyyyy more sarcastic than mine!

Well, I don't have a report. When they came I fooled with them for about 10 or 15 minutes then put them in the gun safe, and have never touched them again. My plan was to sell the ZEISS 10X40 bino's and then start using the Swarovski 15X56 bino's around the cabin for watching game. But no one wanted the ZEISS 10X40's and as they are perfect for my daily needs, I have continued to use them exclusively. Sorry.

Quote Originally Posted by cod View Post
    Whats the word on those binos, AGL? Two weeks is up!

My favorite large binochs are my 10x50 Minolta. I've had them a long time. Must have 100,000 miles on them riding in the p.u. When I need more power I grab my 16x50 Pentax. If I need anything more than that, I use the Bushnell spotting scope.
    PSA ... Don't ever leave binochs or a spotting scope set up in front of a window that faces the sun unattended. My neighbors came home to find the kitchen table leg smoking because of the light focused on it.
    Hunt Ethically. Respect the Environment.

Quote Originally Posted by mod elan View Post
    Steiner 20x80. Friend raves about them.
    I have a pair of 25 by 80 Steiners that work well for me on an Outdoorsmans' tripod.
    Yea though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil, for the shadow is mine and so is the valley. Thy Glock and thy M14 comfort me in days of civil unrest and terror

Trijicon has put there label on American made Meoptia optics in 10x 42 and 8 x 42. The binoculars have FLUORIDE glass along with a spotting scope.
    Price is like under $700 fuor binoculars and $1600 for spotting scope. Reviews are few right now.

Quote Originally Posted by AGL4now View Post
    I am considering a pair of much larger (15X56 or even 20X80) binoculars. They would strictly be for checking the mountains encircling the cabin or predator calling. Interested in any thoughts on the Good-Bad-Ugly of powerful binoculars. Or a Link to an article about there use.

Thank You
    I would look into orion telescopes website. I used a pair like that for astronomy.
    "Equipped with his five senses, man explores the universe around him and calls the adventure science"

Edwin Hubble