Results 1 to 7 of 7

Thread: Good Places to shoot near fairbanks

  1. #1
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    fairbanks
    Posts
    26

    Talking Good Places to shoot near fairbanks

    I know of the ranges just wondering if there are any places maybe out towards fox that are a good place to just have some fun and shoot some targets remotely?

  2. #2
    Supporting Member iofthetaiga's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Tanana Valley AK
    Posts
    7,218

    Default

    No offense meant, but let's say for example such a spot did exist, and let's say that to date it had not yet been completely trashed with any given home appliance Bubba was capable of shoving out the back of his pickup and shooting full of holes. How long do you suppose such a place would remain untrashed if it's location was advertised on the internet? If I sound a little bitter, it's only because I'm tired of picking up Bubba's crap; please excuse me.
    ...he who knows nothing is nearer to truth than he whose mind is filled with falsehoods & errors. ~Thomas Jefferson
    I would rather have a mind opened by wonder than one closed by belief. ~Gerry Spence
    The last thing Alaska needs is another bigot. ~member Catch It
    #Resist

  3. #3
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    fairbanks
    Posts
    26

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by iofthetaiga View Post
    No offense meant, but let's say for example such a spot did exist, and let's say that to date it had not yet been completely trashed with any given home appliance Bubba was capable of shoving out the back of his pickup and shooting full of holes. How long do you suppose such a place would remain untrashed if it's location was advertised on the internet? If I sound a little bitter, it's only because I'm tired of picking up Bubba's crap; please excuse me.
    I understand bubba is a very dirty person and doesn't know what he is doing wrong but I was just wondering if there was anywhere that people went maybe like a make shift range sorta not a bring and shoot

  4. #4

    Default

    Make sure you have a good back drop and make sure no people down range of where your shooting. It's a little unnerving to hear gun shots while picking berries with your family and not knowing where the bullets are flying. It's a good way to get someone hurt or vice versa. I've been boating on the Tanana by the dike before with bullets flying from the banks, people oblivious to a boat out in the river. There was a gravel pit out by Hilltop a lot of people shot at. Looked messy the last time I seen it, full of trash. It's a pain using the range but it's there for a reason.

  5. #5
    Member Tearbear's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Alaska
    Posts
    1,986

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by KLK View Post
    Make sure you have a good back drop and make sure no people are out where your shooting. It's a little unnerving to hear gun shots while picking berries with your family and not knowing where the bullets are flying.
    It is also very unnerving to hear bullets whizzing through your backyard from some shooter who doesn't know there is a cabin in the area. In this case I knew where the bullets were flying, and it was a very bad feeling. Know your surroundings where you are shooting, and what you're shooting at, before you pull that trigger.
    "Grin and Bear It"

  6. #6
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    607

    Default

    They all get ruined because of aholes making a mess,then there blocked off. look at the mess at the range.

  7. #7
    Supporting Member iofthetaiga's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Tanana Valley AK
    Posts
    7,218

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TS View Post
    They all get ruined because of aholes making a mess,then there blocked off. look at the mess at the range.
    Yup. And the range gets cleaned weekly!

    There's a nice 100yd pit near my place that's a constant challenge to keep cleaned up because the aholes treat it as a dumping ground. I would never advertise its location to additional "users".
    ...he who knows nothing is nearer to truth than he whose mind is filled with falsehoods & errors. ~Thomas Jefferson
    I would rather have a mind opened by wonder than one closed by belief. ~Gerry Spence
    The last thing Alaska needs is another bigot. ~member Catch It
    #Resist

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •