Thread: Fish Creek

Default Fish Creek

Gave Fish Creek a try this afternoon. Forty to fifty people fishing and I only saw four caught.

if u get there before it opens and wait out a spot till 6am the fish should be stacked in places and u should be able to limit out quickly, i had success on fish creek last sunday and got my limit on wasilla creek yesterday morning arriving around 5:20am and waiting to fish at 6.

Quote Originally Posted by wesak81 View Post
    ...i had success on fish creek last sunday and got my limit on wasilla creek yesterday morning arriving around 5:20am and waiting to fish at 6.
    How do you get to Wasilla Creek? Tried looking it up on the web, but couldn't really find anything.

Quote Originally Posted by biglou001 View Post
    How do you get to Wasilla Creek? Tried looking it up on the web, but couldn't really find anything.
    Get off the glenn at trunk rd and take the frontage rd all the to the railroad tracks along the Glenn u should pass the log building and take a right at the stop sign and follow the dirt rd all the way to the woods. It's back there

Fish creek is a good place to go if you get there before 600. If not then you need to find out when the tide is and get them on the mud flats as they are coming in. Same with cottonwood creek. Wasilla creek is more of a swamp than a creek. Eggs work good. Mouth is far away.

Quote Originally Posted by AKSweetPete View Post
    Fish creek is a good place to go if you get there before 600. If not then you need to find out when the tide is and get them on the mud flats as they are coming in. Same with cottonwood creek. Wasilla creek is more of a swamp than a creek. Eggs work good. Mouth is far away.
    yes and prepare to get dirty if you fish near the mouth. its like playing in ship creek mud