Thread: Kizhuyak Bay Info

Default Kizhuyak Bay Info

Have a goat hunt coming up and will be flying into Kuzhuyak bay. Has anyone been there that can share any info on the area? I know theres a road that runs along the western side of all the rivers, which goes in for a few miles.

Thanks in advance.

Flying into the bay is cool. The rest is a nightmare. It steep, alder choked, and bear infested. I you can get Roland to drop you off up high in a lake. Otherwise, you can walk the road back. Takes a few hours. The trip up took us a day and a half. Sideways rain the second day. It dried up for a day or two. Be ready for te wind to smash your tent down. Don't go up without a tarp!!
    But, there are goats up there. I guess you can 4 wheeler into that area from Kodiak town. That might be worth looking into. A least you could bring a decent rent and some diesel.

Which goat permit did you draw? We had DG471 and it was a terrible alder jungle climb to access goat country. We were successful but it wasn't a walk in the park. Lots and lots of bears along the river in September. I would talk to Roland at Seahawk Air for more info.

I used to guide there. Alders is right unless you have the tag for the area with the road. Bring a mt bike and you ride right up above tree line and have a quick ride home. Some good goats in there as well but like others have said the weather can shut you down. Fly in with Andrews in the 206 and save some money over flying in with a beaver.
    Www.blackriverhunting.com
    Master guide 212