Results 1 to 17 of 17

Thread: Burris Optics

  1. #1
    Moderator
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    5,228

    Question Burris Optics

    What do you all think about Burris optics? Scopes, Binos and Spotting Scopes.

    I used to have a Ruger 7mm with a Burris 3-9 on it and it would shoot less than 1 inch groups at 100yds consistently with 150 gr Hornady factory loads. It was a good combo.

    Never have owned Burris Binos but just bought a Burris Signature 18-45x60 spotter. Should be here next week. I'll post a review after I test it out. All the Burris Signature Series optics are lifetime guaranteed and the Spotters (maybe the other optics) are made in USA. What a concept.

    Lets here your experiences.

  2. #2
    Moderator AKmud's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Wasilla, Alaska, United States
    Posts
    3,163

    Default Signature series

    I recently bought a T/C Encore .223 which was outfitted with a Burris Signature Series 6-24x scope. The scope seems to perform well but it did get knocked out of whack once this winter when I, somewhat gingerly, fell with the gun in hand. (I subsequently missed a 80 yd shot on a coyote about 1/2 hr later) I don't know if the gun hit harder than I thought it did but, I have to say, I have never knocked my Leupold Vari-X II 3-9x out of alignment and have taken some pretty good falls with it.

    As far as clarity, it is great. It even has an adjustable, internal light shade for bright days and twilight shooting. I was also told that the lifetime guarantee on Burris is much easier to deal with. The guy at Boondocks said the difference between Burris and Leupold is that when I bring a broken Leupold in it may take weeks to get it replaced. When I bring a broken Burris in, he will hand me a new on before I leave the store.

    Don't know if this helps, but it is my experience so far. )
    AKmud
    http://i78.photobucket.com/albums/j96/AKmud/213700RMK1-1.jpg


    The porcupine is a peacful animal yet God still thought it necessary to give him quills....

  3. #3

    Default Burris

    I have a Burris 1.75 x 5 Fullfield on a Browning A-Bolt .338. I have had this combo for the last 16 years. It will shoot .75 inch groups at 100 yrds. with factory ammo. This scope has been every where from boats to wheelers to walking, in -3 to 90 degree temps and has performed great. (Most of my guns and optics were bought as tools, not museum pieces, so they do not get babied.) I recently aquired a set of Burris Signature 10 x 32 binos last summer that seemed to work really well. I bought these binos to replace an old set of Bausch & Lomb Discoverer 10 x 28 binos that the eyecups finally wore off of after 20 years of use. No compaints from me about Burris.

  4. #4
    Member martentrapper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Fairbanks, Ak.
    Posts
    4,061

    Default

    Pretty sure there is some info in the old forum on burris. I have their 12-24 spotter. It seems good enough for the price. Hasn' beenknocked around much tho.
    I can't help being a lazy, dumb, weekend warrior.......I have a JOB!
    I have less friends now!!

  5. #5
    New member
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Bethel, Cantwell, Fort Yukon, Skagway, Chevak and Point Hope
    Posts
    967

    Default

    I have several Burris scopes. The Signature Series is the ONLY American made scope on the market.

  6. #6
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Valley trash.....and proud of it.
    Posts
    813

    Default jury is still out

    Recently picked up a 1.75X6 fullfield for my 300wsm. limited exposure as of now but it seems to be working fine. Caught alot of crap at bear camp cuz its a leupold/redfield crowd. then again they put a brown bear tag on my yamaha bigbear cuz its a polaris crowd. hmmm. me thinks jealous...lol

  7. #7
    Moderator
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    5,228

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Blink
    Recently picked up a 1.75X6 fullfield for my 300wsm. limited exposure as of now but it seems to be working fine. Caught alot of crap at bear camp cuz its a leupold/redfield crowd. then again they put a brown bear tag on my yamaha bigbear cuz its a polaris crowd. hmmm. me thinks jealous...lol
    Well the Redfield guys should know that Burris left Redfield years ago to do his own thing.

    Pularis...puulease... . I ride a Griz myself. Us Yammy guys need to stick together!!
    A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and donít have one, youíll probably never need one again

  8. #8

    Default Burris Scopes

    I am looking at a Burris Fullfield II 3X-9X-40mm ballistic plex with matte finish for a Stevens .223 I am buying soon. This rifle will be for coyote and wolf.

    I would like to hear the pros and cons of this model.

  9. #9
    New member
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Bethel, Cantwell, Fort Yukon, Skagway, Chevak and Point Hope
    Posts
    967

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Water_Gremlin
    I am looking at a Burris Fullfield II 3X-9X-40mm ballistic plex with matte finish for a Stevens .223 I am buying soon. This rifle will be for coyote and wolf.

    I would like to hear the pros and cons of this model.

    Have one mounted on a Ruger #1 in 243 and another was on my 300 RUM until I upgraded to the Signature Series with the Ballistic Plex and the Opti-Loc. The Ballistic Blex is really great. I have my 300 RUM sighted in at 2" high at 100 yards with the 150 grain Swift Scirocco. So far it has worked just fine out to 467 yards on Caribou just by putting the correct stadia wire on the animal for the range.

  10. #10

    Default Fullfield II vs. Signature

    Is the jump up to the signature series worth the extra money? From the reviews I have been reading the fullfied II 3-9 is the best in its class and up to par with optics much higher in price.

  11. #11
    Moderator
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    5,228

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Water_Gremlin
    Is the jump up to the signature series worth the extra money? From the reviews I have been reading the fullfied II 3-9 is the best in its class and up to par with optics much higher in price.

    Sig series have a lifetime warranty and are made in the US. Gotta be worth something. Not sure how much though.
    A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and donít have one, youíll probably never need one again

  12. #12

    Default

    I was reading the fullfield 2's have a forever warranty just like the signature series. Did I miss read?

  13. #13
    Moderator
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    5,228

    Red face whoops

    Quote Originally Posted by Water_Gremlin
    I was reading the fullfield 2's have a forever warranty just like the signature series. Did I miss read?
    Whoops, I was thinking of the spotters and binos.
    A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and donít have one, youíll probably never need one again

  14. #14
    New member
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    268

    Default Burris is my second choice

    ........ if you can't afford a leupold

    I have a Burris signature series spotter and for the money I think it's a great value..........then again for anything except sheep I think a spotting scope is pretty much a pain in the ass except it keeps the clients busy playing around with it and out of your hair......

    I had a burris on my 375 H&H.........for some inexplicable reason it fogged on me one day.........no bad weather..........no knocks or bumps........just one day in the middle of a moose hunt I looked through it and it was fogged

    Burris stood by it and repaired it.......I sold it on e-bay and bought a leupold

  15. #15
    Moderator
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    5,228

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AKCheese
    ........ if you can't afford a leupold

    I have a Burris signature series spotter and for the money I think it's a great value..........then again for anything except sheep I think a spotting scope is pretty much a pain in the ass except it keeps the clients busy playing around with it and out of your hair......

    I had a burris on my 375 H&H.........for some inexplicable reason it fogged on me one day.........no bad weather..........no knocks or bumps........just one day in the middle of a moose hunt I looked through it and it was fogged

    Burris stood by it and repaired it.......I sold it on e-bay and bought a leupold

    Thanks. I got my Burris Spotter last week. I haven't had it out in the field yet. Just in the neighborhood. Seems crisp and clear. Resolves good at 45x.
    A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and donít have one, youíll probably never need one again

  16. #16
    Member danattherock's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    NC
    Posts
    5,607

    Default Burris

    I have a Burris signature series 6x24 on a 300 Weatherby for 5 years now. Also got a Burris Black Diamond 8x32 on my Armalite A R 50 last year. Couldnt say enough about Burris. Wonderful optics. Lifetime warranty. Very high quality. I would reccomend them to anyone.

  17. #17
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Alaska
    Posts
    181

    Default

    I just bought a FFII 4.5-14x42 that I will be mounting on a custom 22-250AI this weekend. Off the gun, the glass is about as good as any I have looked through. I will let you know how it shoots.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •