Thread: Do you have heat in your Gun Vault.....(Like "Golden Rod")

Default Do you have heat in your Gun Vault.....(Like "Golden Rod")

If you safe is in the shop/garage do you directly heat the safe........???

I don't. I use silica packets in the safe, and they apparently work. I've never had a rust or moisture issue of any kind.

I'm not coastal, though. I'm in the Mat-Su.

I have a Golden Rod-used it for years in three different states all in the garage including in MS way back when I lived there-talk about hot and humid!! No rust issues at all. I recommend it 100%!!
    I have such a hard time trying to decide which outdoor activity to do every chance I get!! Living in AK is a mental challenge

I have a 36 gun browning safe, but I have 42 long guns in it plus 15 handguns. safe is in basement of my house. I have used the golden rod for 10 years and never had any rusting, before that I did get some surface rusting

Thanks.............

Quote Originally Posted by ADUKHNT View Post
    I have a Golden Rod-used it for years in three different states all in the garage including in MS way back when I lived there-talk about hot and humid!! No rust issues at all. I recommend it 100%!!

I just run a de-humidifier in my basement where the safes are set at 35% and have no issues inside the safes or out.
    Andy
    On the web= C-lazy-F.co
    Email= Andy@C-lazy-F.co
    Call/Text 602-315-2406
    Phoenix Arizona

I use a "golden rod" even though my safe is in the house - It cost me $35 and costs pennies to run, cheapest insurance I've ever had

I bought my safe in 2000 and put a golden rod in it at that time. I also purchased an extra golden rod just in case one went bad. The second one is still in the package and I have no rust issues. I would not have a safe without one.

G-rod in my safe for 14 years and never unplugged unless we moved (one time) and still going strong with no problems. I touch the rod once a month just to see if it is still warm and...........still warm. No rust issues either.