Thread: Help cabin has shifted????

Default Help cabin has shifted????

So I have been working with this cabin for years now and I think the settling is done? However it has shifted on the rock/concret block pads. I need to move the ass end of it about 10". Any Ideas would be welcome.
    Land is poor, and the trees are not that big to use for winching.
    There's a fine line between fishing and standing on the shore looking like an idiot.

Quote Originally Posted by akdawg View Post
    So I have been working with this cabin for years now and I think the settling is done? However it has shifted on the rock/concret block pads. I need to move the ass end of it about 10". Any Ideas would be welcome.
    Land is poor, and the trees are not that big to use for winching.
    Possible to jack it up, move the pads, and reset it?

10" up? That shouldn't be too hard. Bottle jack and blocking after you jack it up. dig a hole if need to fit the jack.

However, your questions makes it sound like it has to go 10" horizontally. If no suitable trees, dig a hole and bury an anchor to winch off of.

How big is the cabin? As Rick stated. Dig a 3' trench about 3' deep. Place your cable or strap around a 16"+ log and drop log in hole. Will make a great anchor. Now what to tug it with??? May work with a 1 ton truck and a 10K # winch or may take a small dozer to tug it back to place. Depend on how big/heavy the cabin is.

As Rick said about the anchor use that and a good Handy man Jack . A lot of the good ones has a loop attached to the top of the shaft. Rig it up and you will be surprised at the amount of pulling power that you have .Normally they have about a 3 ft handle so you can get some pressure on it.