Thread: HP restrictions on Tangle lakes?

Default HP restrictions on Tangle lakes?

I was reading that there is a horse power maximum of 15 on tangle lakes but can't find a confirmation. I have found a page that says it recommends nothing bigger then 15hp but that was in'09. Can anyone confirm or disprove this for me. Thanks Ryan

I was just there last week, and I saw bigger boats and engines than that on there. One guy was running a 40HP on a 17ft (ish) Lund.

What's your source for this information?

Also, "recommend" does no equal regulation.

Call the Glennallen BLM field office to get your question answered. Their office number is 907-822-3217.

Fl2ak I googled the question and some state page came up from 2009 with all hp restricted waters in the state bu it said recommended not restricted for tangle but also said changes were expected in the next year. Thanks for the number mad.

I can call in the morning (Sunday night here) but was wondering if anyone got an answer to this question. I will call if I don't hear back and will post my answer if I find it.

Called this morning and BLM was not sure so they had me call Fish and Game. Fish and game said they did not have any but I could check with BLM so not sure but am feeling confident that my 25HP will not cause any major issues so going to take my boat in.

By the way the Fish and game number for Glenallen is 907-822-3461