Thread: Remington 710

Default Remington 710

Anybody have any dealings with the Remington 710. Are the triggers adjustable, and how is the quality? What is the difference in it and the Remington 700? Anybody that has owned, shot, or worked on these guns tell us what you like or dislike about them. There is one for sale local in 30-06 for $375 with a cheap scope and a bipod on it

recommend pass . One can get a 700 ADL on sale for not much more, or used 700. These have terrible reviews. The 770 is a little better. I have owned both 710 and 770. Ruger american, Savage Axis, Marlin are all better.

A bunch of plastic on the 710 that you will not find on a 700. As the previous poster said, pass on it and go look at the Marlin. Member Beartooth has a few write-ups on here about them and it would be my choice of all the budget guns.

the "TRIGGER" is not adjustable, because it doesn't have one!!! Remington was so ashamed of the design the call it "receiver insert assembly" and it's plastic. for real, I have a couple in the shop that were broken, either triggers or the magazine catch. get a 700 leave the 710/770 alone.

Thanks guys. Just what I was thinking.

There is way too many better options in the budget rifle department. Remington needs to step their game up to stay competitive with the ruger American, marlin, savage, and even mossberg.

My BIL wanted to start hunting and was looking at the 770's. After doing some reading for part of the morning I suggested he get the Marlin instead. I did get a chance to handle the Axis and American but didn't care for the thinner stocks. The Marlin stock was very much like the stock on my old 700, plus it's pillar bedded.

i actually shot my friends 783 a couple days ago (he won it). its a .270, plastic camo stock, looks a little ehh...not so high quality. managed to shoot a half inch group at 100yrds !! (off a lead sled, no wind, perfect conditions) Was actually very impressed with the accuracy but the gun left a lot to be desired when i pulled the bolt back it just kept coming and came all the way off in my hand...i dont feel you should be able to take the bolt out just by pulling it back and not pressing anything. ill have to admit i was amazed at the 3 shot .5 inch group it managed to shoot though not sure he could duplicate it

I suspect the 710/770 are plenty accurate to hunt I just don't think they are durable enough for much field use.

Quote Originally Posted by limon32 View Post
    I suspect the 710/770 are plenty accurate to hunt I just don't think they are durable enough for much field use.
    smart man, with all the discussion about bush rifles and bears and such would you really want to be 200 miles from anywhere and have this as your weapon? yes, they will shoot, but will the consistently deliver?

I had 2 770s in the shop last week, same guy, one was 7Mag one is 270 Needed the magazine catch for one, called remington, they are ONLY WARRANTIED for 2 years from the date of purchase... If it was a 700 they would send me the parts right away, regardless of manufacture date.