Thread: Homer Silver Update?

Default Homer Silver Update?

Fishing Homer from the 19th to the 24th and desperately need recent news on Silvers' for Kachemak Bay & Cook Inlet. Told they were catching around Flat & Pogey 10 days ago. Will be in our own boat & know the area well. Any recent news is greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Was at Silver Ridge yesterday with no action. Tried Bluff Point late in the day with one very small silver.
    Retirement Plan - Having Fun and Still Learning

When you fished Silver Ridge were there any bait balls? Any word on Flat Is., or Pogy? I heard Kings' have been caught around bluff point lately but you managed to bag a Silver. Good job Dan and thanks form the response. Sure would like to hear from others on this post before I hit the airport in 10 hours from now.

No bait balls at the ridge or the bluff when I was out there and not been to flat for around a week and a half.

A nice bait ball in 125' off of Pogy several days ago. Kings thick at 65' but few silvers. Apparently the kings dried up today out there.

Anybody been out the last 2 days. Looking to go out tomorrow Friday when the wind lays down. I heard the bait event over in Port Graham area died down. Thanks for any help.

Yesterday I was out at Port Graham with maybe 12 or 14 other boats. I caught one small silver and I only saw one other silve caught. It was a nice boat ride though.

Thanks Blue Thunder if the fog will allow I may still head that way. See which way the wind and tide blows me when I get out of the Harbour.

Please let us know how you do.

Tried to get out there Friday fog to thick and at running speed would have taken to long, went to bluff. Nothing but pollack. Tried again today no fog but when I went around the corner did not like the wind coming up. Decided to troll Pogi with all the other boats coming back around the corner got one small halibut and a rockfish no salmon. Did not see any salmon caught either.

Quote Originally Posted by fishinslut View Post
    Tried to get out there Friday fog to thick and at running speed would have taken to long, went to bluff. Nothing but pollack. Tried again today no fog but when I went around the corner did not like the wind coming up. Decided to troll Pogi with all the other boats coming back around the corner got one small halibut and a rockfish no salmon. Did not see any salmon caught either.
    Yeah, it was nasty around the corner. I couldn't believe it when we came back aroud at 5. The whole bay was flat calm. Fishing was great after the tide switched. Boated 2 silvers that were 12 and 13 and 2 kings same weight in about 1 hr. Best silvers I have ever seen. Full of bait. Running deep. Lost twice that many due to trying to control the boat in mad water. Tried for halibut in the slack- nothing but flounder. Saw lots of fish caught spread out pretty far- there must be a good school in there. Lots of bait. It would be a blast to mooch that area if you had a calm wind day. 40+ boats out there

Default Cohos' in Homer

Homer is our only option now that the Deep Creek launch closes today for the season. Also FYI Marine Services boat launching has been sold to another owner effective today. Hopefully it will be a smooth transition next season.

It appears there are some silvers around Homer but not jumping into the boat. Any late info for us Nininlchickers would be appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by Jack in Alaska View Post
    Homer is our only option now that the Deep Creek launch closes today for the season. Also FYI Marine Services boat launching has been sold to another owner effective today. Hopefully it will be a smooth transition next season.

It appears there are some silvers around Homer but not jumping into the boat. Any late info for us Nininlchickers would be appreciated.
    Looks like another slow year for silvers ( at least for me) but the kings have been filling in for them.