Thread: Craig, AK trip report

Default Craig, AK trip report

We got back from Craig, POW Island this last Tuesday and all I can say is it was an awesome trip. We fished with Capt. Rafael Ruiz from Tranquil Charters. http://www.fishcraigalaska.com/ His knowledge of the waters in and around Craig was amazing. His equipment is top of the line, G-Loomis rods, shimano reels for salmon and Avet 2 speeds for halibut. 26 foot North River had plenty of room for 4 and with air-ride seats, if it had got a little rough, they would soften the ride.
    Our timing was perfect. Both the weather and the silver fishing was outstanding. We had limits of silvers and halibut every day. We were able to sweeten the pot with yellow eye, Ling cod, and some black rock fish and one king that we boated. Attached is a photo of a typical days catch with our annual non res limit of yellow eye and a pic of me with one of the best looking yellow eye I have ever caught.
    Attached Images Attached Images

A couple more pics. A limit of silvers before 9:00 AM. Capt. Raf getting ready to put one in the boat.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Awesome trip! Thanks for sharing the pics. How deep were you guys catching the silvers?

Those are some great looking coho, congrats