Thread: setting the prop

Default setting the prop

anyone know where to get the gauge to set the angle of the prop's. set these with the marks on the prop and hub but was hoping to check with a gauge. thanks

Use a digital level

What prop do you have?

I'm in Wasilla, have digital level, and have adjusted a couple different types of props, happy to help if I can. Give me a call. Bud 240 4090
    Wasilla

MacGyver, I have the wisper tips.
    akblackdawg, Thanks for the reply and offer.

Thanks for the info guys. I am meeting some folks who say no problem they can set the props if I have them off but I am getting the correct rpm's and I am told the marks on the prop and hub are plenty good for prop set so Maybe I got it right after all.

I'm no experts when it come to setting a prop. I've been told by guys who are that you clamp a stiff wire on the cage that just touches the top of a blade. Now rotate the prop and see if the wire touches the other blades in the exactly same spot. If they do all the blades are set the same and you will not have a problem with vibration.

Hi There If You Get Your Self A Digetal Level From Sears And Us That You Can Set Each Prop The Same, Talk To Bud Since He Is Closer To You Then I Am And He Can Show You How To Do It. The Level Cost About 30 Buck And You Can Set Any Set Of Props. That Way You Don't Have To Get Up By The Hub And Try To Line Up Marks. If You Got Questions Give Me A Call 907-322-3291