Thread: Wasilla creek strange shapes

Default Wasilla creek strange shapes

Does anyone know what this is? Is it downstream of the launch maybe couple miles or less. It is visible from google earth. Moose paths, UFO landing site?
    image.jpg

Interesting. To me it looks like a map, and the symbols/arrangement are certainly far from random. Moose? No way.

Wasillians at work? Lol

i actualy seen that about 6 months ago and thought what the world myself and can come up with nothing in my thoughts other then maybe an ancient village or some kind of ancient structure but then again I have never walked to it to actualy get a realy good look. I would have to say that something caused it not just ground formation so could be an interesting exploration one day duck hunting or fishing. who knows maybe someone knows and we will soon find out.

Quote Originally Posted by AKSweetPete View Post
    Does anyone know what this is? Is it downstream of the launch maybe couple miles or less. It is visible from google earth. Moose paths, UFO landing site?
    image.jpg
    They are from a waterfowl enhancement project from years back---which is still being maintained: http://www.adfg.alaska.gov/index.cfm...ses.pr01252013
    "Your papers are not in order"

Thanks! Clears it up finally.

I dunno if that clears it up for me but it did help a whole lot. im just curiouse why they say it is acesable from the north bound lanes not the south because the south bound is the most prominent unless im looking at it funny. then again there is a very similar looking bunch of landforms that are on the north bound side but are not as clean cut as this picture. I could believe it is man made nesting ground but could you imagine how much work that would have taken by hand and let alone could you realy get heavy equipment of any size out there and leave no trace? all I know is that if that was done by hand and not equipment that was a lot of work and I don't think it helped! just my thought and would just like to find an article or something of such from the year of the original project.

Quote Originally Posted by troutslayer View Post
    I dunno if that clears it up for me but it did help a whole lot. im just curiouse why they say it is acesable from the north bound lanes not the south because the south bound is the most prominent unless im looking at it funny. then again there is a very similar looking bunch of landforms that are on the north bound side but are not as clean cut as this picture.
    The original project included work on both sides of the highway...

Quote Originally Posted by sigabrt View Post
    They are from a waterfowl enhancement project from years back---which is still being maintained: http://www.adfg.alaska.gov/index.cfm...ses.pr01252013
    Dang it, I really wanted to see UFOs!

Quote Originally Posted by sigabrt View Post
    The original project included work on both sides of the highway...
    Indeed. Pretty interesting... definitely never noticed that before.
    Pursue happiness with diligence.

I noticed it a while back and thought it was wierd. Was looking at google maps for potential fishing/hunting areas and saw that and was like ***?!

Quote Originally Posted by limon32 View Post
    Dang it, I really wanted to see UFOs!
    Obi-Wan Kenobi said quite firmly: "these are not the ufos you're looking for"

Looks like ice polygons to me. A common feature found on the North Slope. Caused by contraction and expansion of ice in the ground. I actually saw that before on google earth as well. I didn't think much of it. Just looks like a ice polygons to me. But I could be wrong. It could be the result of man-made structure like some have suggested.

You guys are all wrong. The Dena'ina people used to play a game much like baseball, only there are 7 bases instead of 4, and they are set in a really weird array. You hit moose nuggets with a dead salmon and try to run through the swamp. This is the only remaining field of its kind, but we still play pick-up games Tuesday and Thursday nights. BYOB. We usually hit Tips afterwards...
    My signature is awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by Gr is for Greg View Post
    You guys are all wrong. The Dena'ina people used to play a game much like baseball, only there are 7 bases instead of 4, and they are set in a really weird array. You hit moose nuggets with a dead salmon and try to run through the swamp. This is the only remaining field of its kind, but we still play pick-up games Tuesday and Thursday nights. BYOB. We usually hit Tips afterwards...
    Finally something that makes sense...

Zoom into Figure Eight lake and you'll see what appears to be a F22 flying at low altitude on the north end of the lake. Use google maps.

Quote Originally Posted by LIVIN907 View Post
    Zoom into Figure Eight lake and you'll see what appears to be a F22 flying at low altitude on the north end of the lake. Use google maps.
    https://maps.google.com/maps?q=Figur...ight+Lake&z=19

Bird nesting areas. A project done by ducks unlimited in the late 80's. AWA had a project out there clearing trees to help bring that area back to life a litte.

Dang! Those are supposed to be the most sophisticated military aircraft in the world, right? Turns out they're still no match for Google Maps. Capitalism is king...
    My signature is awesome.

Ponds on both sides are accesable by foot from the highway, The large pond on the south side had a lof of willows last year which was cleared by F&G this past winter with volunteer help from the AWA. There was a blind on that larger pond. The brush piles on each end of the large pond are due to be burned this fall. Ground going out to the ponds is very mucky and wet, good to look at map and can see a dry area leading close there with a little observation. The equipment was already on site when the ponds were built. Done at the same time they were building the Parks across there and they used the same heavy equipment to cut out the ponds and nesting area. Bud
    Wasilla