Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Rabbit slough parking (boulders)

Default Rabbit slough parking (boulders)

Anyone know what's up with all the boulders along the road once you past the gate?
    That just cut back on parking now and makes passing vehicles impossible.
    Living the Alaskan Dream
    Gary Keller
    Anchorage, AK

I'll check it out tonight on my way home and give joe Meehan a call in the morning

Thanks... Keep us posted
    Living the Alaskan Dream
    Gary Keller
    Anchorage, AK

I was out there today. They have lined the side of the road with boulders all the way to and along the boat launch area. No more parking in the trees or along the road. The parking area by the boat launch I'm guessing could hold ten vehicles with boat trailers. The rest will have to drive all the way out to the highway and walk in. The boulders in certain areas could make two vehicles passing each other difficult.

It sure will be a Charlie Foxtrot on the opening week and weekends. Iam glad I hunt during the week.

I talked to Joe Meehan today and we both agree that boulders need to be pushed back. I recommended that there is clear signage for parking i.e. trucks with trailers and vehicles only. Also the no parking areas to ensure that there is room to maneuver a truck and trailer. I'd like to see recommendations for which direction the trucks and trailers should be parked, parallel or perpendicular to wasilla creek.

I went out and checked them rocks out too.
    Yep, dem is some nice boulders, fo sur....
    Don
    Forgive me for being arrogant. I own 2 Drahthaar's.
    Tundramoor Drahthaar Kennel. Training Versatile Dogs because we hunt it all.
    Memeber of the Alaska Warterfowl Association.

Thanks for making that call!!!
    Living the Alaskan Dream
    Gary Keller
    Anchorage, AK

I've got to see this cluster **** I may have to go check it out tomorrow, if I can find aplace to park.

Should be plenty of parking

Maybe we should not complaign, might be a passive agressive way to cut down on the numbers of hunters using the area, especially on opening day. Bud
    Wasilla

Bud, there is going to be a lot of traffic no matter what happens. I personally will prob park my trick out by the road and walk back in. That was my recommendation in the beginning for everyone to do, it's not that far. At some point there will vehicles passing on the road.

Come opening day may be good may be bad but today with all the people fishing not much room for a trailer. There was one truck w/trailer when I got there and gone when I left, however when I left there was no room to turn one around. There needs to be some kind of order for rigs with and with out trailers. 30+ rigs parked in the lot, never seen that many down there before fishing. Looks like APH met there goal of getting more people to use it. How long will it be till he have to pull numbers to get to hunt out there.

Yep, fully agree with BadBob on this one. I started to count cars twice but lost count due to some pretty gal walking by holding a pole. Parking lot fully packed, no turn around area at all, and a few along the road coming in. If they send a trooper there opening morning, he will be better served directing traffic and writing tickets for those blocking the boat ramp. Like they said in a movie, "build it and they will come" is very true in this case. I suggest a handful of roofing nails on the roadway to keep them from coming back.

More seriously, they really need signs up there quick, and the back in spots near the ramp need to be specifically for vehicles with trailers, let the single cars unload and park further up the road. There is room for a doz or so vehicles with trailers, and still have room to turn around. Bud
    Wasilla

Well we got parking, but still looks muddy for the shoes when walkin the banks. Need some mats and some walkways like on the russian.

Boat ramp? Rabbit Slough?

Wow. The slough I remember wasn't big enough for a canoe to run in.

Talked to Badbob today after his adventue.. Sure hope it all work out.. I know my truck will move a few rocks with a strap.. Lol we will see how it pans out this year. Sure Joe and Doug are getting an ear full.
    President of Alaska Waterfowl Assoc.
    http://akwaterfowl.com
    https://www.facebook.com/pages/Alask...78020265619952
    AlaskaWaterfowlAssociation@gmail.com
    Gen.1:26
    And God said, let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth.

Once the fishing dies down and more people with boats/trailers start using it hopefull common sense will take over and space for a turn around will be left open. But opening day is on a sunday and with some people going in on saturday may I suggest getting there well before 6 am or after 6 pm. As for the sunday opening I'm hopeing most duckhunters will be far from the ramp come 6am. But if you plan on being back to the ramp before 6pm prepare for a cluster ****. Oh and maybe a "no fishing on ramp" sign just might keep someone from getting run over. Some of the ones down there sunday looked a little put out when I went to put my aquapod in the water, and I was carrying it over my head not backing in.

No need to panic. They painted some very spacious lines for us to park in. Played around trying to park here and there the other day......gonna be fun. I still think we need geo mats or boardwalks...if someone could tell me where the outhouse and "what lives here" placard is gonna go, that'd be nice to know.

Thank you to all the D Bags that double stacked next to the launch. You made it impossible to turn a truck and trailer around. I hope someone shoots your tires out for such D**che baggery.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast