Thread: Caribou decoy for your use

Default Caribou decoy for your use

If anybody is heading up the haul road and you are passing thru Sunshine, If you want to borrow my caribou decoy drop me a P.M Last person to use it lost the poles to hold it up but tent poles would work.
    PEOPLE SAY I HAVE A.D.D I DON'T UNDERSTA.....OH LOOK A MOOSE !!!

I don't want want to borrow it,but just want to say thanks for being a good guy

Hey roger, have you had success with using the decoy before? and how do you use it? stick it in the ground away from you and it draws the caribou? or do you carry it while you're stalking them? I've thought about getting a few of them and it would be nice to know if they actually work.

Quote Originally Posted by AKRecurveAssassin View Post
    Hey roger, have you had success with using the decoy before? and how do you use it? stick it in the ground away from you and it draws the caribou? or do you carry it while you're stalking them? I've thought about getting a few of them and it would be nice to know if they actually work.
    Not sure for myself I bought it to do a haul rd hunt but never could get anybody to go along or need an extra body to help pay the way. But the other folks that used it said it did well for them basically one guy held it the other walked behind ready to shoot. The other fellow attached it to his bow both had success

If nobody else takes it by Aug. 31st I might be interested...

Quote Originally Posted by northernalberta View Post
    If nobody else takes it by Aug. 31st I might be interested...
    Its out on a hunt right now, But should be back in time for you

Sorry but I just remembered this... I decided not to go on this hunt as I was successful on a rifle hunt last week. So I don't need the decoy now. Thx

No problem ,Still here is anyone needs, I have a moose decoy also but I need a moose first

That's pretty decent of you. Well done!

Quote Originally Posted by AKRecurveAssassin View Post
    I used one in November 2011, didn't work as well as I had hoped. I tried circling downwind with the decoy blocking me a couple different times and the herds were still pretty wary of it. I don't remember sticking it in the ground and using it as a blind as they walked by, think it was too late in the year and the ground was too frozen to penetrate. I used the caribou decoy from Montana Decoys

But still amazingly generous of you to offer the loan!