Thread: Trip to Shell Lake

Default Trip to Shell Lake

I just bought a lot on Shell Lake and would like to get out there before freeze up. The air taxis want stupid money to fly out there. I am looking to share a ride with someone. Send me a message if u r headed to Shell for a weekend and we'll figure something out.

Stupid money...... ROFLMAO!!!!!! You either want to spend lots of money on a jetboat and snowmachines or you don't have a plane.
    I don't mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel, but I am, so that's how it comes out.
    Bill Hicks

PM me an e-mail address. I know one of your Shell Lake neighbors, I can try to link you up with him and maybe you two can work something out.
    Ryan.

I already have snow machines. I'd like to try to find some property corners before there is ten ft of snow on the ground. If not, there are BT tags on the accessories. I suspect I can find a few BT tags in winter and might be able to get it donel.

Property corners are often made of 3/4" reinforcing rods driven into the ground. A metal detector will find them, even in deep snow. Doesn't solve your transportation problem, but it's a hint of what may be done if all else fails.

I can find the mons. I worked as a surveryor for several years. I'd just prefer to do it in summer when I don't have to shovel 10 ft of snow and I can cut some line.

You think charters are expensive-try owning/maintaining an aircraft.

Aircraft costs are high no matter how you look at it. When people help you out with a ride, just know that they are paying more for the privilege of having that plane and the option of giving you a ride, than it would have cost to just charter the flight. It doesn't get cheaper when you buy your own.
    14 Days to Alaska
    Also available on Kindle and Nook

Roger that. If it flies, floats, or f^{ it's always cheaper to rent than to buy. It's a winter place for me. Odds are I might never see it in summer.