Thread: Backup camera displays blue screen when on

Default Backup camera displays blue screen when on

Anyone else have or had this problem with a backup camera? It started when the camera would start blinking off and on then would stay off for longer and longer periods before coming back on. Now it's to the point where I just have a blue screen diplayed when I turn on the camera. Took apart the camera housing to see if maybe something came loose and all looked fine not to mention it was corrosion free. The RV in question is a 32ft 2011 Sunseeker don't know the camera make. How hard is it to replace a camera system in these or would I be better off taking it in as I don't think the warrenty covers the labor but will buy the $200 camera system.

Thanks for any help in advance.

I have a back up camera on my Ford pickup in the tailgate. When I remove the tailgate for my cab-over camper, I have to disconnect by backup camera. When I do this, my screen in the cab displays blue. Based on this, I assume your screen isn't receiving a signal from your camera. Maybe you could just take the camera off the RV and take it in for a company to troubleshoot instead of a full system replacement?

Make sure the wire connection is firm on each end, if still no picture, disconnect both ends and test the cable/wire make sure it's good - that could be a two person job, one to short the camera end while you put a meter or lamp tester on the monitor end; wiggle the wire bundle or wire where it goes through the firewall to see if the signal is getting grounded on the frame - worthwhile checking on the camera end as well. If the wire is good, got to be either the camera or the monitor.

Another thought - check the camera power connection, if it's strictly a back-up camera it may be getting juice by tapping in to one of the backup lamps in the tail lights.

Thanks JimmyC for the help I'll see if any grounds are loose or contacts elsewhere. Hate to buy and get another installed. Again thanks for your input.

I'll be out hunting for a few days, but if you need a hand testing, let me know, I'll help.