Thread: stove pipe and adapters in valley or anchorage

Default stove pipe and adapters in valley or anchorage

Who's got the best prices and selection of pipe and adapters ?? need to redo my woodstove in the shop, already have some metalbestos but need adapters for the stove pipe.

Alaska Shrimp Pots

Rigid & Folding Shrimp & Crab Pots
    Electra Dyne Pot Haulers
    Ropes, Buoys, Bait
    alaskashrimppots.com
    akshrimppots@mtaonline.net
    907 775 1692

Home depot is reasonably priced. I just equipped my house with a stove not to long ago.

Try Keller Supply. Price everything. Some is made of gold.
    I don't mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel, but I am, so that's how it comes out.
    Bill Hicks

Steve Home depot Lowes have the best prices if they have it in stock, there are a couple other stove shops in the valley if the first two don't have what you need. FYI try not to miss and match you class A chimney if you have metalbestos stay with that from the box or thimble up.

Sweepint
    Wasilla, (when not overseas)
    '' Livn' The Dream ''
    26' Hewescraft Cuddy, twin 115 Yam

Home Depot only had 6" last weekend.
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming-----WOW-----what a ride!
    Unknown author

Quote Originally Posted by sweepint View Post
    Steve Home depot Lowes have the best prices if they have it in stock, there are a couple other stove shops in the valley if the first two don't have what you need. FYI try not to miss and match you class A chimney if you have metalbestos stay with that from the box or thimble up.
    OK here's what i have
    I'm using 7" metalbestos to go through the roof of the shop so i need a adapter to go from the inside roof to the stove with regular stove pipe and also need a adapter to go from the metalbestos on the outside roof to some stove pipe to get the stack above the peak of the roof. In other words i want to use regular stove pipe on both ends.
    Thanks for the HD tip but they don't have any of the metalbestos to stove pipe adapters i'm looking for, they might not even have the 7" stove pipe i'm looking for, i think they either stop at 6" or jump up to 8".

Alaska Shrimp Pots

Electra Dyne Pot Haulers
    Ropes, Buoys, Bait
    alaskashrimppots.com
    907 775 1692

Quote Originally Posted by potbuilder View Post
    OK here's what i have
    I'm using 7" metalbestos to go through the roof of the shop so i need a adapter to go from the inside roof to the stove with regular stove pipe and also need a adapter to go from the metalbestos on the outside roof to some stove pipe to get the stack above the peak of the roof. In other words i want to use regular stove pipe on both ends.
    Thanks for the HD tip but they don't have any of the metalbestos to stove pipe adapters i'm looking for, they might not even have the 7" stove pipe i'm looking for, i think they either stop at 6" or jump up to 8".
    probably doable....you'll catch hell from some for not going metalbestos all the way up, but there's no reason it can't be done if you are fastidious about cleaning the chimney regularly....just make sure all the joints point downward so that any condensate can run back into the stove.
    " Gas boats are bad enough, autos are an invention of the devil, and airplanes are worse." ~Allen Hasselborg

Sorry CDUBBIN but you are incorrect on this, for solid fuel chimney's the top joint must go inside of the joint below it to keep the creosote inside the chimney. Gas vent (B vent) is installed in that manor to let the condensation escape. Steve, if the stoves is a 6' you will be fine going form a 6' to a 7'..... metalbestos makes a locking adaptor for that. If the stoves is 8'' that will be harder to find because the NFPA does not allow (code) to down size the exhaust vent that does not imply that it is not none every day. There is 7'' to 6'' or 8'' downsizers or increaser that can be found but you will have to join the stove pipe to the chimney by going inside with a crimped in and you will have some creosote leakage at that joint. The next problem is using single wall pipe to extend the chimney outside. That is not legal either to NFPA but again does not imply that it's not none a lot. The problem is that the chimney will cool down and condense the flu gases in the single wall once it builds up with the sticky black rosin it can catch fire and single wall starts to melt down at about 1000 degrees. 7'' chimney is costly and then trying to find it as well. I have seen it on CL from time to time but it never there when you need it. It may be cost effective to look into replacing what you have an go with a new chimney from HD or Lows depending on the stove size. I remember see your stove and ceiling install a few years ago but I do not remember what stove you had, we even talked about it briefly when I getting some pots and rope. I had a business for almost 20 years outside but am no longer in it, I am in Afghanistan until the end of Sept or I would come see you and help you take care of this problem. You can go cheap and it will last a couple years maybe or do it right and safe. Chimney fires are not our friend. If your stove is 8'' you could at your own digression replace the chimney with 6'' but you will need to clean a lot more. The only reason I am saying that is because most of the wood stove companies that have been in business for the past 20+ years all down sized there stove collars from 8'' to 6''. Again I am advising you to do this but it's something to think about. If you have further questions feel free to hit me up and I will do my best to talk you threw it.

Sweepint
    '' Livn' The Dream ''

Quote Originally Posted by sweepint View Post
    Sorry CDUBBIN but you are incorrect on this, for solid fuel chimney's the top joint must go inside of the joint below it to keep the creosote inside the chimney. Gas vent (B vent) is installed in that manor to let the condensation escape. Steve, if the stoves is a 6' you will be fine going form a 6' to a 7'..... metalbestos makes a locking adaptor for that. If the stoves is 8'' that will be harder to find because the NFPA does not allow (code) to down size the exhaust vent that does not imply that it is not none every day. There is 7'' to 6'' or 8'' downsizers or increaser that can be found but you will have to join the stove pipe to the chimney by going inside with a crimped in and you will have some creosote leakage at that joint. The next problem is using single wall pipe to extend the chimney outside. That is not legal either to NFPA but again does not imply that it's not none a lot. The problem is that the chimney will cool down and condense the flu gases in the single wall once it builds up with the sticky black rosin it can catch fire and single wall starts to melt down at about 1000 degrees. 7'' chimney is costly and then trying to find it as well. I have seen it on CL from time to time but it never there when you need it. It may be cost effective to look into replacing what you have an go with a new chimney from HD or Lows depending on the stove size. I remember see your stove and ceiling install a few years ago but I do not remember what stove you had, we even talked about it briefly when I getting some pots and rope. I had a business for almost 20 years outside but am no longer in it, I am in Afghanistan until the end of Sept or I would come see you and help you take care of this problem. You can go cheap and it will last a couple years maybe or do it right and safe. Chimney fires are not our friend. If your stove is 8'' you could at your own digression replace the chimney with 6'' but you will need to clean a lot more. The only reason I am saying that is because most of the wood stove companies that have been in business for the past 20+ years all down sized there stove collars from 8'' to 6''. Again I am advising you to do this but it's something to think about. If you have further questions feel free to hit me up and I will do my best to talk you threw it.
    I do remember you being in the shop and us talking about the stove set up. The stove is a earth stove with a 8" outlet, i have 4 3'sections of 7" meltalbestos pipe so i could stick another section or two on the roof end and then only would have to use regular stove pipe on the inside from the stove to the 7". I really appreciate your advice and if you can send me a email address i'll take some pictures to send you so you can better see what i'm trying to do. I never let the stove burn all night i only use it while i'm in the shop building pots so at least if it took off i might have a chance at putting it out or controlling it. Thanks again and be careful my friend.

Alaska Shrimp Pots

Electra Dyne Pot Haulers
    Ropes, Buoys, Bait
    alaskashrimppots.com
    907 775 1692

Here you go Steve sweepint@yahoo.com glad to help

Sweepint
    '' Livn' The Dream ''