Thread: Ivashak gps readings

Default Ivashak gps readings

Does anyone know the gps reading for how far you can go up the Ivashak?
    I look but couldn't find it. tx

Your question does no make any sense. You can go up the Ivashak as far as your boat can take you depending on the water level. Usually airboats can go to basically the base of the Brooks range if they have enough gas.
    "...and then Jack chopped down the beanstock, adding murder and ecological vandalism to the theft, enticement and vandalism charges already mentioned, but he got away with it and lived happily ever after without so much as a guilty twinge about what he had done. Which proves that you can be excused just about anything if you're a hero, because no one asks the inconvenient questions." Terry Pratchett's The Hogfather

i dont have coordinates on the farthest i have been up but you can hit the mountains. I stopped at the fish and game cabin as we didnt see any game that high.
    NRA life Member JVJ

Quote Originally Posted by gtransue View Post
    Does anyone know the gps reading for how far you can go up the Ivashak?
    I look but couldn't find it. tx
    I have been wondering this myself so i did some searching for you. here is a link that describes all airboat restrictions for accessing ANWR with GPS coordinates. looks like right to the base of the mountains.

http://arctic.fws.gov/pdf/airboatinfo.pdf

Hope this helps, and good luck.
    jojo

Greg,
    There is a federal restriction regarding how far an airboat can traverse up the river. Essentially it's around the sheep camp on the left a couple miles above the F and G cabin. You need to read the federal regs to verify it's excact location. I know we have it in the GPS from last year, but there is no reason to run neaarly that far.

The border is ANWAR if you decide to research it.
    BK