Thread: Moose Hunting Spots with Horses

Default Moose Hunting Spots with Horses

Does anyone know of some good areas to hunt moose using horses? A friend of mine has some horses and he's looking for somewhere to hunt and use the horses in the process. I know of a few areas but not enough to really help him or direct him. You are welcome to PM me if you don't want to share publicly (I understand). Thanks in advance for any tips and recommendations.

got some Cree Indian friends who take insane amounts of bull moose with pack horses in the Yukon. He won awards for the best trained horses at one of the first-nation rodeos. If there is a trail, horses will do it. If there isn't a trail, horses will still do it, and better than any ATV if you ask me.
    IMO, the sky is the limit with the right horses. Unless they're in the caregory of 75 percent these little mat-su surbuban horses that get fed caviar out of a dale earndtheart jr autographed feed-trough.

ask the forum member "dallen"......his horses are in the other 25 percent category.

Quote Originally Posted by Truenorthed View Post
    Does anyone know of some good areas to hunt moose using horses? A friend of mine has some horses and he's looking for somewhere to hunt and use the horses in the process. I know of a few areas but not enough to really help him or direct him. You are welcome to PM me if you don't want to share publicly (I understand). Thanks in advance for any tips and recommendations.
    You might want to hint at what vicinity you were thinking about....Out of Fairbanks, Anchorage, the Kenai? Long hauls from one to another with a bunch of horses. Some kind of general idea may get a few more responses........
    Sheep hunting...... the pain goes away, but the stupidity remains...!!!

I'd look at the various CUAs - if ATVs aren't allowed, that's the place I'd start looking.

Go up ship creek for the moose. It's no secret.

I got lots of ideas if he wants to take me!

If Ship Creek, id wait for the winter hunt.
    We do not go to the green woods and crystal waters to rough it, we go to smooth it. We get it rough enough at home; in towns and cities; in shops, offices, stores, banks anywhere that we may be placed