Thread: Pictures of Two Different Trips This Week

Default Pictures of Two Different Trips This Week

Guess the river/creek and win a point. Hint, all taken in the south central area.

Jim Creek/Knik?

The first two are the Jim Creek flats. The channel would seamlessly end without warning but we made it past the flats and up to the first Y. I couldn't have done it without tjm. I did hit a sandbar right before we endter the woodline. It busted the wooden floor board, the console buckled down, and it sent me flying to the front bow. It was all captured on video and maybe I will post it for a good laugh. You can see the carnage on the first pic.

Third pic is still up for grabs.

Twentymile River up the far left fork, past the avalanche chute and near the posted 'no fishing above this point' sign?

Chris M

Talking

3rd picture, 20 mile or Placer, I also have busted my console by taking my boat in some of the same spots I did with my airboat, got to were I was carrying my Makieta screw driver so I could screw the console back down after the boat came to a quick stop and I keeped on going

Talking

Changed my answer to just 20 mile due to your question on the other thread

20 Mile Hooligan Dipnetters, PLEASE READ

I thought someone would catch on. The last pic is on the 20 mile fork right at that **** no fishing marker. Upstream about 100 yards the creek braided out badly and basically spread out on top of vegetated land. There was no "traditional" river bed to speak off. We found a spot that had just enough water running over a submerged bank to jump it and make our way upstream. Coming back downstream over this obstacle was very interesting and turned out to be a white knuckled experience for the guys sitting up front. I didn't have enough power left to muscle the boat around the corner so I leaned as far into the inner turn as possible. The boat angled just enough to where we barely bounced of the sandbar. It was a very interesting experience indeed.