Thread: Little Su silvers

Default Little Su silvers

I have been out there several times this year and still waiting to land a silver, had a few on. Who's having luck and do you have any suggestions. I went out on Sunday and was dead where we were at. I saw on fish and game that a bunch swam up on Sunday, how come I didn't catch any? I tried lures and bait. Will next weekend still be good?

Wrong place at the wrong time. Guys been killing em with bait. Where were you fishing?
    Makin fur fins and feathers fly.

Must be doing something wrong....we picked up 16 on Saturday. Vibrax spinners and eggs under bobbers were working great.
    AKmud
    http://i78.photobucket.com/albums/j96/AKmud/213700RMK1-1.jpg

The porcupine is a peacful animal yet God still thought it necessary to give him quills....

I have been fishing at the big bend that is about perpendicular to the pay station. It's upstream of the landing a little ways.

Huge push of fish yesterday went up the su. I'd bet the lil su and other valley streams got it too

Release Lake Trout

Where on the river are they at now? Is the fishing any good up by the highway or should I head down to Burma?

Just got back from Burma landing, didnt hook a single fish and the only fish we even saw was one crazy Chum jumper that was all colored up. Was completely dead! I am sure morning time would have much better chance but man other than that chum we didnt see any fish at all. They didnt hang around Burma for long.

Quote Originally Posted by AllAlaskan View Post
    Just got back from Burma landing, didnt hook a single fish and the only fish we even saw was one crazy Chum jumper that was all colored up. Was completely dead! I am sure morning time would have much better chance but man other than that chum we didnt see any fish at all. They didnt hang around Burma for long.
    It is surprising, we used to slay them year after year at the burma landing when they would come up river they would always hold at that first big bend above the boat launch. Never had problems til this year and last year. That river just aint seein the same #'s anymore.

Eliminate all bait.
    brad g.
    So Cal, USA
    Visit my Sporting Clays website
    http://www.ysr-racer.com

Quote Originally Posted by alaska_pike View Post
    That river just aint seein the same #'s anymore.
    Kings had a very low escapement number on the Little Su as well...though the weir was mostly submerged during the peak of the run, so I don't think they got a very good count. Fish that got caught past the weir...well those fish got counted, but then caught, so they didn't escape at all.

Quote Originally Posted by ysr_racer View Post
    Eliminate all bait.
    Agreed, why they opened it for bait when the runs are so poor, is mismanagement at it's finest.
    "Grin and Bear It"

Quote Originally Posted by alaska_pike View Post
    It is surprising, we used to slay them year after year at the burma landing when they would come up river they would always hold at that first big bend above the boat launch. Never had problems til this year and last year. That river just aint seein the same #'s anymore.
    To be honost I have never had luck in that river lol. I always seem to hit it on a downer day. Still though with the numbers that were coming in the past few days I expected to see a lot more fish moving but we didnt even see a fish, not even any jumping (other than that one nasty ol chum) around. Last week on Wed my buddy said they were jumping all over same time of day when he went so he was pretty taken back to see it so quiet. Last Wed I guess he said he walked in , wam bam, walked out with his fish. He also has a proxy too and limited out fairly quick a week from yesterday. I did hear though that there is suppose to be another large school of silvers coming up the Cook inlet so I am hoping this is just a lul before the next run of fish.