Thread: PWS Wow

Default PWS Wow

What a wonderful weekend PWS provided. Calm sea's and shrimp. Doesn't get much better than that. Except for maybe the three killer whales going after a humpback whale calf. Watched the action for over 1/2 hour. Unfricken believeable. Probably once in a life time event. Wow.

Default cool man

gotta love it out there. we had two porpoise hanging around while dropping shrimp pots. they were just swimming around us and spouting and jumping and we were dead in the water. never had them do that before. not to mention the weather like you said was great once again. plus bringing home 222 shrimpers was not bad at all. really pleased with my new hole. plus buddy tagged his bear today. great weekend. where were the whales and what time?

Default Location

They were on the N.E. side of Knight Island. About 8 pm or so.

Hope to see some whales and Orca's here soon
    Living the Alaskan Dream
    Gary Keller
    Anchorage, AK

We had about 20 porpoises explode around our boat. They would dive under the boat then jump up in front. I put the wife on the bow and then they would swim along side take a look and then jump and splash her. This went on for about 10 minutes. What an awesome experience!

ALASKAN SEA-DUCTION
    1988 M/Y Camargue YachtFisher
    MMSI# 338131469
    Blog: http://alaskanseaduction.blogspot.com/

Mark

I missed the whale attack, but saw several whales, including a single orca cow.

The weather was perfect. It just doesn't get any better than that.

Last weekend was about as good as it gets imo. Dumped the pots near our favorite spot and then turned our attention to the shoreline. Saw lots of bears and goats but was unable to put my wife on a bear. Then we checked our pots and we had a happy bunch on our boat. Considering we basically had 1.5 days on the water I thought we did rather well for a change shrimping. 2nd time using the pots I got from the potbuilder and I'll let the pictures show the rest. We had 3.5 containers full just like the one pictured.

And a nice picture that included my buddies boat.

Last edited by AKmud; 05-22-2007 at 23:04. Reason: first time messing with photobucket

Great photos....hope you don't mind I changed it so they would show instead of just being links.
    AKmud
    http://i78.photobucket.com/albums/j96/AKmud/213700RMK1-1.jpg

The porcupine is a peacful animal yet God still thought it necessary to give him quills....

Great pics and glad to hear you had a good time there. Looks liked the water was flat for you guys.
    Living the Alaskan Dream
    Gary Keller
    Anchorage, AK

Thanks AKmud,
    I couldn't figure that out. They were way to big when I got the picture to actually show and it was offset to the text, so I changed it to links.