Thread: Thank these people, then come help finish

Default Thank these people, then come help finish

Wasilla

Sorry the link wasn't working, please disreguard it.

NPS-RTCA Rescues Trail Partners

The Alaska Department of Fish and Game called RTCA on Friday August 9. They had a public ATV trail work party scheduled for Saturday morning and they were in a pinch. They were planning on hosting a volunteer trail day to build a section of ATV Trail at the Palmer Hay Flats State Game Refuge. Unfortunately, ADF&G's first order of Geoblock was never placed, and their second order of Geoblock was on the barge, still in route to Anchorage and not scheduled to arrive until the following week. Joe Meehan, ADF&G called to ask, "Was there any chance RTCA had any stockpiled Geoblock?" While RTCA only had four pallets Joe was happy to borrow them. So ADF&G sent a truck from Wasilla to Anchorage to pick up NPS Geoblock and haul it to the Palmer Hay Flats on Friday afternoon.

The ADF&G Saturday August 10 work party was a success. In pouring rain, ADF&G had 17 people who worked hard for four hours and they successfully installed 254 feet of six foot wide ATV trail. They have 120 feet more to go once their order of Geoblock does arrive. While they could not accomplish the whole trail in one day as planned, they were able to build a significant portion of the trail and they had happy volunteers.

Out of the 17 volunteers, some were people who hunt on foot and some were ATV hunters who hunt elsewhere. None of the volunteers were the ATV hunters that regularly use this ATV trail in Palmer Hay Flats. It goes to show that trails shared by multiple users often receive support from those trail users that are not the primary users. For example, on some of the bike trail projects in the state, ATV users have come and volunteered to help build bike trails. The more trail users all do to help each other, the better our trails will be.

A BIG HAND goes out to the trail volunteers who helped ADF&G last weekend.

(This was sent to me from Joe Meehan)
    Wasilla

Not sure what your link is supposed to be, but it keeps bringing me to my yahoo email account.

LOL. I guess you and I were typing at the same time. Thanks for the update and be sure to let us know when the next work day will be.