Thread: kenai mountain bike trip/ ressurection pass/ and bike rentals?

Default kenai mountain bike trip/ ressurection pass/ and bike rentals?

Hello- Planning a mountain biking trip with my wife this week. We would like to try and do an overnight trip and I was thinking of splitting Ressurection pass into two 4 hour days? Anyone ever done this? Also we will need to rent bikes. Any suggestions for good places to rent hard tails or anyone with two bikes they would want to rent. We are intermediate single track riders and have lots of experience. I lived in AK for two seasons but have gotten in to MB since then so have never biked it. Thanks a lot for any advise- Jon

It's an easy two day trip, there are several forestry cabins along the way where you can spend the night. I would call the bike shops in anchorage for places to rent one. I would also recommend against the hardtails, a dual suspension makes that trail much nicer.

Thanks a lot for the info.

How much weight can you carry in a pack on a mountain bike comfortably on a trail like that? Never done a multi day trip on a bike. Just hiking.

Quote Originally Posted by ak_cowboy View Post
    ....there are several forestry cabins along the way where you can spend the night.....
    But I do believe he'll have to call ahead of time to see if they're reserved or not......right?
    Sheep hunting...... the pain goes away, but the stupidity remains...!!!

I have biked this trail two times. Both times we did it in one day to avoid carrying camping gear. It took about eight hours to ride from Hope to Cooper Landing. We camped next to the stream close to the Hope trailhead. Bring a water filter or purification tablets and extra water bottles or camelback. We got water at almost every stream we crossed. Bring a patch kit and tools to repair a flat tire or just bring a spare tube and a pump. I would also bring bear spray or a firearm as we surprised a few bear along the way. Enjoy the ride!!!