Thread: On weather hold....

Default On weather hold....

Well I am supposed to be on my way up to the Kenai and Soldotna area for a seaplane check ride.
    My client has to be back at work tomorrow.... BUT,,,,Things are not looking so swell....

PASX AA 11 1756Z OVC004 5 miles 52 48 00000 001 86% 52

PAEN AA 11 1653Z OVC004 4 miles R-F 52 52 00000 002 100% 52

It sure seems like we went right from SUPER SUMMER to RAINY FALL overnight.
    Floatplane,Tailwheel and Firearms Instructor- Dragonfly Aero
    Experimental Hand-Loader, NRA Life Member
    http://site.dragonflyaero.com

Same here. I've been trying to get down to Soldatna from Anchorage to get a CFI add-on check ride with Dean since yesterday morning. Sure not looking good for the rest of day into tomorrow.

Roger that. I called Dean and told him we were not making it...
    My client has to be back at work in Palmer tomorrow, but he flew down in a Super Cub on wheels.
    So he just hitched a ride north with a friend and his Cub is still stuck here...

We just had to put tents over our strawberry garden because they were flooding...
    Floatplane,Tailwheel and Firearms Instructor- Dragonfly Aero
    Experimental Hand-Loader, NRA Life Member
    http://site.dragonflyaero.com

I came to town from the creek and have been planning a cross country for 2 days. (sigh).

Made it to Anchorage from King Salmon Friday, flew through a lot of wet murk on the west side of the inlet. Saturday looked so-so, but terrible rain out in King Salmon, so I held off for Sunday, which ended up being pretty unappetizing in Anchorage again...so now I'm hoping for Monday.
    14 Days to Alaska
    Also available on Kindle and Nook

Hey Troy, I was parked behind you at AMR, saw Island Girl, very nice. I got out on Sat. Afternoon , not too good wx in the ANC area but from the Turn again south to Seldovia was good. Sorry to hear your stuck, the lower Pen. Has been down for two days now, glad to be home. Tom

Hey Tom, sorry we didn't get a chance to say hi! Saturday turned out pretty nice in Anchorage in the evening, or at least up in Palmer where we were staying, I maybe should have given it a go. But Sunday was forecast to be decent so I figured I'd wait for that. Oh well. Made it home today fine. Low ceilings around Big River Lakes, but good visibility and no real issues.
    14 Days to Alaska
    Also available on Kindle and Nook