Thread: Moose Hunt in 20A DM678

Default Moose Hunt in 20A DM678

I drew an antlerless moose tag in 20a DM678. What I am looking for is if anyone has information on crossing areas of the Delta River North of Black Rapids and South of Delta Junction. I do have some raft accessibility but I don't know how easy it is to cross or if there is access to cross. River depth? Crossing locations? Any suggestions will help. My next step is contacting the BLM to see where they recommend me to cross the river. Thanks for the advice.

Delta Junction

I've never crossed but guys I work with cross near donnelly creek usually. Last year a lot of guys ended up not getting across because the water levels were so high so late. People that did get across got stuck. (one had a couple of wheelers stolen when they ended up getting picked up by a boat to come back) Some years you can walk across, others you gotta boat. Really time will tell with the weather, been hot as hell!

Thanks for the reply

Craig on POW

We had the early tag for the same area last year. Used a raft to cross. Looooooooong way from one side to the other. Crossed around Donnelly camp ground. Took some dragging but was doable. There are a few other access point to the south you could raft across as well. Watch out for those afternoon winds, they can be fierce and cause major sandstorms. You need to check in with Fort Greely and get a pass for most of the area on the other side of the river and a large area is off limits. Folks do drive across with the right water conditions and right rig.