Thread: Temp/perm power panel

Default Temp/perm power panel

While working at my site this fall I would like to install something for the electric company to bring my power to. What do I need, what is accepted? I envision a couple of permanent poles going up right next to the cabin with some kind of treated spanner (between the poles)or similar. Then I figure some kind of a small residential breaker panel? Am I way off base? Is there a simpler way that anybody knows of? There is a residential looking line up one side of my property, is it likely to have enough juice for me too?

Yes, Just buy a temporary all set up, should run around $200.00 to $250.00 Look on Alaskaslist or craigslist. Side note: I have been getting service from a temporary for 12 years. There is another option: Remote pedestal.

You should contact the power provider for your area and get their requirements. They can also tell you how far they have to run a line to reach your cabin site.

Thanks,
    I have looked them up online but not finding much just yet. I'll try to slip into the local power office when I am in town. Be nice to have power next spring for my wife to watch tv while I build the cabin....

What area is the cabin to be located ?

Location is just north of Healy, June creek- Bear creek area

Your power supplier there should be Golden Valley Electric .Have them look at it for you and they can tell you how close they can get power to you. If you put in a pedestal at the cabin site and they run from power soruce to that then you can do what you want on your side of the meter. Again the best way to get the correct answers is go to them.

Quote Originally Posted by Big Bend View Post
    Your power supplier there should be Golden Valley Electric .Have them look at it for you and they can tell you how close they can get power to you. If you put in a pedestal at the cabin site and they run from power soruce to that then you can do what you want on your side of the meter. Again the best way to get the correct answers is go to them.
    Excellent information, I just spent a bunch of time on their website and got a lot of pertinent information. Thanks to NRICK for similar information as well. I need to apply for an address to...

If you go to the power line adjacent to your property and find the power pole that is closest to where you want to build and take that info along with legal disc. of the property they should be able to give you good info from that. There should be office for Golden Valley in Healy.Good luck