Thread: Season Chasers on GCI?

Default Season Chasers on GCI?

So I just saw the commercial for this show where they depict the great outdoors of Alaska and ethics and such.... Kinda vague on all the details, I caught it at the last half.

Then the dude is shown high kicking a salmon up on the bank.

Anyone else have issue with this? Does it bug anyone else watching fsh get booted around?
    We do not go to the green woods and crystal waters to rough it, we go to smooth it. We get it rough enough at home; in towns and cities; in shops, offices, stores, banks anywhere that we may be placed

Well I have not seen that commercial but I have seen plenty of people kicking their salmon up on the bank in real life. "They know not what they Do" kicking their supper all over the place like that. I tell you what. You will never catch me treatin my dinner like that. Maybe they think that they are tenderizing the meat or something like that. A bunch of dumbasses if you ask me...
    Quote Originally Posted by TWB View Post
    So I just saw the commercial for this show where they depict the great outdoors of Alaska and ethics and such.... Kinda vague on all the details, I caught it at the last half.

Anyone else have issue with this? Does it bug anyone else watching fsh get booted around?
    "Fisherman for Life" and "Phantom owner Forever"

You bet it does...!!! I don't even like to see a commercial fisherman toss them a mile from one tote to another. Personally I treat them with kit gloves because I sure don't like to sit down to a bruised fish at the table. They are precious fish and should be treated as such......
    Sheep hunting...... the pain goes away, but the stupidity remains...!!!

Alaska - I wasn't born here, but I got here as soon as I could!

Along those lines, it just kills me when I see the folks out at Jim's Creek catch a fish, kick it up on shore, then just leave it there in that nasty black mud baking in the sun till they're ready to leave. I doubt they would do that with a side of beef, but i guess fish are different. Absolutely nasty!!!!

Glad I'm not the only one.
    We do not go to the green woods and crystal waters to rough it, we go to smooth it. We get it rough enough at home; in towns and cities; in shops, offices, stores, banks anywhere that we may be placed

Glad I'm not the only one.
    Far from it. I'm that way with all fish and game.....to the point of almost being anal at times. To me they are gifts to be treasured. You show them the respect they deserve by taking care of them properly......imo.
    Sheep hunting...... the pain goes away, but the stupidity remains...!!!

Left em a message on the ole Facebooks.

It happens alot. Probably lack of education just like many other aspects. Im sure if they knew it wasn't so great for the meat they might not do it. Of course there are those that can't be taught respect for a resource no matter what.
    Makin fur fins and feathers fly.