Thread: Run To Montague

Default Run To Montague

Who all makes the run to Montague? Which rout is the best? Shorter from Whittier?

Default Montague

Seward is closer to me so I leave from there. I love Prince William Sound. I do not love the Whittier parking, small harbor and sorry excuse for a boat ramp, 10 gallon fuel container restriction and dealing with the tunnel and that cost. If I lived in Anchorage I might feel different.

I run through Culross passage and Knight Island passage to the south end of Montague near Haning bay. It's 73 miles. Largest run of open water is 12 miles. If it's calm enough to make Crafton Island I never had to turn back in eighteen trips last year. Hope that helps. Oh yeah stop off at Main Bay for sockeye. Watch for commercial nets though, beginning mid-June.

Default PM

Fishing 45 - I sent you a PM.

Default Montague is a big island?

Where on Montague are you headed? From Whitter we go over to the Stockdale/Applegate area, North of Culross just south of Perry through Lower Passage then straight to Applegate. Watch the shallow area nort of Applegate!! It's around 58 miles to Applegate and another 10 to Port Chalmers

Was thinking Cape Cleare, not sure I've never been and was wondering which route was shorter.