Thread: Ketchikan in September

Default Ketchikan in September

We are going to be fishing the third week of September for silvers and halibut out of Knudson Cove, we have a boat rented for 5 days. Anyone else going to be up there fishing at that time. We did ok last year but it was slow, this year looks to be better from what I have heard. We are going to have to hunt for our halibut this year, we never did find anything big around there. If anyone has any ideas where to fish around there please send me a PM.

Good luck with your trip. I'll be over to the west of you on POW chasing Coho entering the freshwaters about the same time if my ducks keep lining up. Plus catching plenty of P-cod off the dock for some easy white meat.

Keep a sharp weather eye....you know how things change in a hurry out on the water.

pg 24 of the Ketchikan sportfishing guide will show you a map for halibut spots in the area.

Thanks, I will look at it and see what shows up. Your trip sounds like fun and by the pics from last year you should do good. And yes on the weather, it can change fast. The cod sounds like good extra fish. Good luck on your trip also.

Quote Originally Posted by Iwanttofish View Post
    Thanks, I will look at it and see what shows up. Your trip sounds like fun and by the pics from last year you should do good. And yes on the weather, it can change fast. The cod sounds like good extra fish. Good luck on your trip also.

Thanks, Mike. Same to you on your trip. Coming up fast!ehh?

PM's in your box.

Steve-o

This one bent the Gloomis 8'6" salmon rod over, down and under the rock...had no clue what I had except it weren't no puny sculpin.P9110035.jpg

I made up a harpoon to take with us for the halibut, very easy to build.
    Harpoon1 (1).JPGHarpoon1 (2).JPG
    It was less than $10.00 to build