Thread: Winter boat storage in Whittier?

Default Winter boat storage in Whittier?

So can anyone give me some info on who hauls out and stores big boats in Whittier? Also is it outside storage or is there covered? Thanks
    It's better to burn out than fade away.....

Rick Jerolovich(sp) has the storage yard just down the road from the parking lot, he might have room inside his building and he has a big hydro trailer to move you around with. My buddy keeps his seiner in cordova all winter to save paying ****tiers extortion taxes and their super high moorage rates. You might look into seward also, anyplace is better than shieter .

Alaska Shrimp Pots

Rigid & Folding Shrimp & Crab Pots
    Electra Dyne Pot Haulers
    Ropes, Buoys, Bait
    alaskashrimppots.com
    akshrimppots@mtaonline.net
    907 775 1692

Seward most likely will be a stretch going forward. Four seasons boat yard closed this summer and has saturated the other yards. I had a heck of a time finding another place, but lucked out.
    Tony

Depending on you much you want to pay.... I noticed one of the tents along the road from the summer parking lot to the ramp in Whittier has a "for rent" sign on it. It looks big enough to hold one... maybe two boats depending on size.
    2007 Kingfisher 2825 - Stor Fisk

Civilization ends at the waterline. Beyond that, we all enter the food chain, and not always right at the top. -- Hunter S. Thompson