Thread: trolling Fin Fighters

Default trolling Fin Fighters

To those that are trolling Fin Fighter spoons, how are you rigging them? Leader length? Flasher or naked? Do you add a split ring to the attatchment point?

Thanks!
    Kevin
    Experience is a hard teacher because you get the test first and the lesson afterwards.

Split ring,bead chain, leader.

Hey Kevin-

Everyone I know changes out the hook and split rings first. They're awful and have cost folks lots of big kings around here. I add a small swivel to the front, then use a 40# leader to another swivel. I like a good ball bearing snap swivel at the front, but I'm not sure it's really necessary to go ball bearing with the swivel at the spoon too. But those hooks and split rings....man. Get rid of them.

Point of debate between me and others. I go to a little heavier hook to "tighten" the slip for a quicker, shorter movement, and some prefer the wider swings with light hooks. Try both and see what you think.

Thanks for the good info.

BrownBear your PM box is full. Is that your way of telling me to quit asking you questions
    Experience is a hard teacher because you get the test first and the lesson afterwards.

I'll fix it!

Thanks