Thread: summit lake KP

Default summit lake KP

is there lake trout in this lake? was there monday night in about 15 feet of water, clear enough to see the bottom and dropped the rest of my shrimp down and watch them go down and they were eating by two very large fish, to big for rainbows or dolly varden, other wise, it was slow fishing.

I have caught rainbows in there up to 12lbs and 33". No joke.

Release Lake Trout

There are NO fish in Summit Lake, keep driving people, the lake has people eating monsters, the air near the lake is highly toxic, keep driving and you should be safe.

Quote Originally Posted by Hunt&FishAK View Post
    I have caught rainbows in there up to 12lbs and 33". No joke.

The water in that lake has dangerously high levels of acid that will melt the bottom of your boat. Plus I hear that it's haunted. OH YEAH there's giant whirlpools too. Stay away!!!!!
    I am no longer surprised at what I am no longer surprised at ---Bill Whittle

Gotta fish deep for the bigger fish. Drifting over the deep parts of the lakes with spoons or bait always worked. I know fish and game did a experiment back in the late 70s with lake trout but didn't keep up with it. If they survived they should be decent sized. They should of I think cause that lake is deep enough and stuff to eat. I've seen some real nice fish in the spring but havnt spent much time on the lake I never liked the wind but I should some day! My suggestion is fish deep by the outlets where the food drifts down.

IT'S TRUE!!!!!!
    I took this picture there last fall!!!!
    I couldn't get away from there fast enough!!!

nessie3.jpg

The last laker I saw caught there was three years ago. Not very big, maybe 22-23 inches. As mentioned, its not worth fishing. 10 inch leeches, toxic water, the fish are full of diseases and the bears are so aggressive they will swim out to your boat and flip you.
    Your bait stinks and your boat is ugly

You guys got me convinced. I drive by that lake on a regular basis and have always wondered myself how the fishing was. From now on when I drive by I'm gonna stay in that outside lane as I go by. I don't need the kind of trouble you guys described. Thanks for the warnings!
    Your sarcasm is way, waaaayyyyyyyy more sarcastic than mine!

Quote Originally Posted by cod View Post
    You guys got me convinced. I drive by that lake on a regular basis and have always wondered myself how the fishing was. From now on when I drive by I'm gonna stay in that outside lane as I go by. I don't need the kind of trouble you guys described. Thanks for the warnings!
    Yeah right......and don't forget the sunblock too.......lol
    Sheep hunting...... the pain goes away, but the stupidity remains...!!!