Thread: Tangle lakes rec site

Default Tangle lakes rec site

Does anyone know if the boat launch/camp ground at tangle lakes has a fee? Got the boat loaded and some light weight rods all rigged up for the kids. Hoping the weather holds and we can find room given' that this weekend is the caribou opener.
    Www.blackriverhunting.com
    Master guide 212

I don't recall there being one 2-3 years ago.

Give the BLM office in Glennallen a call:

http://www.blm.gov/ak/st/en/fo/gdo.html

It's $12 a night for camping. Not sure on the Day use area and boat launch, but I think I remember seeing a fee posted...Its a pretty nice campground...

Last time I was there I think there is a parking fee at the boat launch site but I don't recall the price. We may have had a seasonal pass for state parking I don't recall.

Was just there and there was a pay box for the camping. Sorry can't say that I looked at boat launch fees as we didn't have a boat. That being said the "new" section of the campground is completed and they did a really great job. Not sure how "new" it is but has to be less then 2 years old. Still a few "raised tent boxes" that are taped off so it is quite new and quite nice.

I don't believe there's a launch fee per se, but you could always put in and camp at several spots just west on the Denali, the first being a little innocuous "driveway" on the right up a slight hill (read breeze!) overlooking the lakes before Rock Creek. There also used to be free launch access on the right before the campground that has an outhouse next to the highway-i think its still open. Or if you're want to access the South lakes, the day use area has a launch which I'm sure is free. Enjoy, that whole system is one of the all time favorites for me and don't forget that the connecting "river" usually has plenty of kid friendly dinner grayling year round.