Thread: The Little Su in mid August? / Wolverine Creek ?

Default The Little Su in mid August? / Wolverine Creek ?

What's the Little Su like in mid August?

Are the silvers still there?

What about Wolverine Creek across Cook inlet?
    brad g.
    So Cal, USA
    Visit my Sporting Clays website
    http://www.ysr-racer.com

They are barely there this year across the whole valley. Don't expect much.

Release Lake Trout

As of the 4th of AUG 3,902 silvers past to counter, and last year at this time it was 348 silvers on the Little Su. That sounds like the best start in many years. If you can fly over to Kuskatan River do it. Wall to wall Silvers on the west side of the Inlet streams.

The Little Su has not reached it's lower escapement goals since 2008, a few years it came pretty close, but the last few years have been very poor...hopefully this year they will at least reach that lower escapement goal.
    "Grin and Bear It"

Yeah...And it opens to bait today What a shame.

Yeah, what a shame...it should be closed for bait till the lower escapements are met. Silvers on the Little Su bite pretty good without the use of bait.
    "Grin and Bear It"

Quote Originally Posted by MGH55 View Post
    As of the 4th of AUG 3,902 silvers past to counter, and last year at this time it was 348 silvers on the Little Su. That sounds like the best start in many years. If you can fly over to Kuskatan River do it. Wall to wall Silvers on the west side of the Inlet streams.
    Yes, but last year the weir was above the Parks and this year they moved it close to Burma Landing, so you're not comparing apples to apples.

Quote Originally Posted by AKDuke View Post
    Yes, but last year the weir was above the Parks and this year they moved it close to Burma Landing...
    That's a good point, that must be why they look like they're coming in earlier than usual. Wonder how many fish get caught or spawn above the new Burma weir location. Is the above the Parks weir still in operation as well?
    "Grin and Bear It"

You are right I am comparing Silvers to Silvers. Other streams that had very low return the last few years are showing good to great returns this year. So keep looking at the up side of things!
    Quote Originally Posted by AKDuke View Post
    Yes, but last year the weir was above the Parks and this year they moved it close to Burma Landing, so you're not comparing apples to apples.

The weir is in the same spot it was a year ago. The silver run this year is just better. Not sure they will get the 6,000 more they need. PPL were catching the heck out of them with bait today.

End all bait NOW !!!
    brad g.
    So Cal, USA
    Visit my Sporting Clays website
    http://www.ysr-racer.com

I agree, silvers hit flies and hardware just fine and if they are in the Little Su as good as has been reported than the true fisherman will not use bait anyway. We will be a little more sporty and use other than bait and give the fish a little bit more of a chance... "fishon"
    "Fisherman for Life" and "Phantom owner Forever"

Quote Originally Posted by Bob the fisher View Post
    I agree, silvers hit flies and hardware just fine and if they are in the Little Su as good as has been reported than the true fisherman will not use bait anyway. We will be a little more sporty and use other than bait and give the fish a little bit more of a chance... "fishon"
    Bob I'm not a true fisher man cause I like us eggs and relax......
    Do I give my friends advice? Jesus, no. They wouldn't take advice from me. Nobody should take advice from me. I haven't got a clue about anything..

Ya I know big man but we won't tell nobody. Ha ha ha ..._"Fishon"UOTE=akmike30;1313354]Bob I'm not a true fisher man cause I like us eggs and relax......[/QUOTE]
    Ya

My Grand kids use bait also . great place for kids to fish an get a few fish
    SID

Quote Originally Posted by Sid View Post
    My Grand kids use bait also . great place for kids to fish an get a few fish
    SID
    Yes it's always a great time when the kids catch fish. I have a question for folks using bait, do the fish usually get hooked in the mouth? Are there many foul hooked fish using the bait presentation?
    "Grin and Bear It"

Please don't take my comment about bait and real fisherman using it as a bad thing, I was just being funny. If the silvers are in and there in good #s then they will pretty much hit whatever you through at them, that's kinda what I was saying. that's all... "fishon"
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob the fisher View Post