Thread: POW recommendations

Default POW recommendations

I am looking for a recommendation for a family trip next year to POW. We went to a fully guided place last year (Silver Sea Adventures - would recommend them) and had a great time, but would like to try a DIY trip next year in late August or early September. Maybe rent a place with a boat and do some salt, some river, and a day or two of guided fishing in the salt. We are primarily interested in silvers, but would like to do a little stream fishing for trout as well. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks.

Coffman Cove Adventures. Steve runs a great operation, BTW. Glad you enjoyed your trip.

X2 - Mike and Sarah at Coffman Cove run a first class operation. Super nice people and a great set-up. http://www.coffmancoveak.com/index.html

Thanks for the recommendation, guys.

We spent a week with Adventure Alaska this year-- cabins, vehicle, your own boat, rods and such, plus vacuum packing and freezing of your catch and access to the whole island. Based in Thorne Bay, they run a class outfit and we couldn't be more pleased. An excellent DIY trip. They also offer charter trips.

Mike
    LOST CREEK COMPANY: Specializing in Alaska hunt consultation and planning for do-it-yourself hunts, fully outfitted hunts, and guided hunts.
    CLICK HERE to send me a private message.
    Web Address: http://alaskaoutdoorssupersite.com/hunt-planner/
    Mob: 1 (907) 229-4501
    "Dream big, and dare to fail." -Norman Vaughan
    "I have climbed my mountain, but I must still live my life." - Tenzig Norgay

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Strahan View Post
    We spent a week with Adventure Alaska this year-- cabins, vehicle, your own boat, rods and such, plus vacuum packing and freezing of your catch and access to the whole island. Based in Thorne Bay, they run a class outfit and we couldn't be more pleased. An excellent DIY trip. They also offer charter trips.

Mike
    Mike, my girlfriend & I are staying at this place in a few weeks. Was wondering if the vacuum packing is DIY, or do you have to pay someone there to do it for you? The response I got from the lodge owners was kinda vague on this particular topic.

Mike, I gave you fellas a call back after you called and didn't hear anything back. Must have lined up a charter? Anyway how was your trip, I have been waiting for a report it was a great week to fish.
    Mike
    www.coffmancoveak.com
    Prince of Wales Island

Quote Originally Posted by Zeek the Greek View Post
    Mike, my girlfriend & I are staying at this place in a few weeks. Was wondering if the vacuum packing is DIY, or do you have to pay someone there to do it for you? The response I got from the lodge owners was kinda vague on this particular topic.
    They do it for you, with a modest charge.

Mike
    LOST CREEK COMPANY: Specializing in Alaska hunt consultation and planning for do-it-yourself hunts, fully outfitted hunts, and guided hunts.

Quote Originally Posted by Gooch View Post
    Mike, I gave you fellas a call back after you called and didn't hear anything back. Must have lined up a charter? Anyway how was your trip, I have been waiting for a report it was a great week to fish.
    Sorry about that! We ended up not going on the charter (weather was blown out that day). Thanks for the help, though!

Mike

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Strahan View Post

Mike
    +1, been with them twice, never took their charter. Excellent gear, rooms, boats, truck, rods/reels, etc.. Would go back in a second, saving my pennies.

Thanks guys. That is the kind of info I am looking for.

Just got back from a week at Coffman Cove Adventures. Definitely going back!!!!
    Kings were starting to show up. Bottomfish were around. Black bears were moving. Not sure if I want to go back for Steelhead, black tails or more ocean fishing!!!!

Mike and Sara make everything relaxing and a breeze. Locals are friendly and help you with finding the spots to go.