Thread: Hudson Bay Freighter Saves the Day

Default Hudson Bay Freighter Saves the Day

Was out fishing with the wife this morning at Newfound Lake in NH and saw a couple of guys paddling a motorboat in the distance. At least 8 boats went by them and not one stopped. We thought they might have been okay but my wife said let's check on them. They were sure glad to see us. He said no one else stopped or even asked if they needed help. It was a long row to the dock with the wind blowing. They couldn't believe hey were being rescued by a canoe....the smallest boat on the lake at the time. My wife told him he would have quite a story to tell so we all took pictures. Hudson Bay saved the day.

boatrescue.jpg

Cudos to the wife....and to you.

Good on ya'll.Old fashion boat with old fashion ethics.
    Now left only to be a turd in the forrest and the circle will be complete.Use me as I have used you

That's pretty sad when people see boaters paddling and nobody comes to check on them. Says a lot for that lower 48 mentality. Glad you don't have it nessmuck...!!!
    Sheep hunting...... the pain goes away, but the stupidity remains...!!!

glad to here you helped them did you get any fish ? or was this just a boating trip for you an the wife ? when I was a kid got a lot of lakers there
    spent my time in Bridgewater over on the Ashland side , SID

Quote Originally Posted by 4merguide View Post
    That's pretty sad when people see boaters paddling and nobody comes to check on them. Says a lot for that lower 48 mentality. Glad you don't have it nessmuck...!!!
    Seems it says more about some boaters on a particular lake in New Hampshire than the whole of the lower 48.

Quote Originally Posted by Sid View Post
    glad to here you helped them did you get any fish ? or was this just a boating trip for you an the wife ? when I was a kid got a lot of lakers there
    spent my time in Bridgewater over on the Ashland side , SID
    Slow day of fishing....7 colors of lead line out....1 short laker and a 3lb bass....my friend has been on Newfound all this week....caught 17 lakers so far and only 1 has been 18 inches. We have fished newfound off and on for 30 years....never anything big out of there.....I have to ask fish and game how the smelt population is....I think they lowered the length limit from 18 down to 15 on lakers to get them cleaned up. This lake holds the state record for lake trout...go figure !!!

Quote Originally Posted by Rattail View Post
    Seems it says more about some boaters on a particular lake in New Hampshire than the whole of the lower 48.
    Unfortunately I've run into this in many places of the lower 48........ And btw......I didn't say the WHOLE lower 48.
    Sheep hunting...... the pain goes away, but the stupidity remains...!!!

thank you for the up date have not fished that lake for a few years
    SID

Way to show them what a great canoe can do. They'll never forget not so much what you did but how you did it. +1

Quote Originally Posted by 4merguide View Post
    People up here are not always much better. When I was 10 we were out on Big Lake in a 12 foot v bottom and had a big inboard v8 river boat fly right past us going so fast they through up a wave big enough and fast enough my dad couldn't turn into it in time and it flipped our boat. There were at least 4 or 5 other boats out right around us along with 3 or 4 jet ski/wave runners buzzing around. All watched our boat sink and watched us swim to shore (No where near a house at the time) and not ONE stopped to see if we were ok! It took nearly 30 minutes of us trying to flag down some one, when finally a boat went by and swung in to see if we were ok. Turned out to be a friend of my dads and he took us back to our truck. I was 10 year old at the time and my brother was 6. So all those people watched us go in the drink with 2 of us being kids and not one of those people who watched us sink came to help us. Also keep in mind this was one week after the ice went out so that water was still friggen cold!

havnt been on a boat on Big lake since. To many idiots run around on that lake with no reguard to other peoples lives. I have seen plenty of people up here on other rivers and lakes who are the same way, go flying past people on a river bank **** near swamping them before they can get far enough back up out of the water, or better yet flying past people in canoes almost tipping them. We have plenty of A-holes up here as well.