Thread: Trout Fishing on Willow/Montana

Default Trout Fishing on Willow/Montana

How has bow fishing been lately? Looks like they are real low like everywhere else. Not as interested in silvers coming in at the mouths, chasing bows instead. Yoder Road bridge a good start on foot for Montana or lower? Shirley Town bridge a good start for Willow or lower? Powerline trail?

I was there a week ago and had limited success with 8mm beads, bright and caramel molted roe. Wanted to head down today, was just checking to see what the latest was for conditions.

Yes.
    Bows at all those spots. I fished Yoder on Wed & caught a lot of small bows.

Was at Willow last Wednesday looking for silvers, but ended up switching to flesh flies to see if I could coax some rainbows out. Saw a lot of little 'bows, but strangely nothing over 12". I was upstream of the Parks Highway, so maybe the larger rainbows are down closer to the confluence. As a side note, when I switched to a white and salmon colored cotton candy the pinks in the river started hammering it. I don't know why it pissed them off so much, but it really put a damper on finding some rainbows. At least pinks are still fun to catch too!

Fished Willow today. Lots of Pinks, Chums, and Kings in river. It was pretty tough but we managed a few trout between 3 of us. Im thinking it will be a week or 2 before its red hot!
    Piscor Ergo Sum