Thread: Holographic Sights

Default Holographic Sights

Anyone admit to using one or considering one on their duck gun? I have them on ARs, liked those so much I put one on my 416. For about a year I've been wondering how one would work on my waterfowl gun. Anyone done it?

I guess maybe I shouldn't have admitted to thinking about it either.

I've never paid much attention to sights on a shotgun, and from what i remember, those who are expert shooters and instructors advist againt focusing on shotgun sites for wing shooting, its a point thing rather then a aim thing with shotguns. Bud
    Wasilla

You are totally correct. I guess that's what made me wonder about sights. The field of view is large, easily use the sites with both eyes open.... Almost seems like a different version of a fiber optic bead.....

A good swing and butt belly beak boom is always the best way uless you are great at sporting and can do it any direction.Of course thats just showing off having fun and making folks scratch their heads.
    Now left only to be a turd in the forrest and the circle will be complete.Use me as I have used you

If your gun fits right, it will line the end of the barrel up with your eye, and your eye does the aiming...I don't realize I have a bead. In fact I've had them fall off and my shooting didn't change the rest of that weekend.
    It's not skybusting if you fold em'.

Quote Originally Posted by AK375HH View Post
    If your gun fits right, it will line the end of the barrel up with your eye, and your eye does the aiming...I don't realize I have a bead. In fact I've had them fall off and my shooting didn't change the rest of that weekend.
    I have noticed this myself. While shooting clays onetime I realized I was breaking a lot of clays and wasn't even realizing the bead was there.
    It was more instinctive shooting.
    "The closer I get to nature the farther I am from idiots"

"Fishing and Hunting are only an addiction if you're trying to quit"

I've never used one myself, but a friend of mine swears by his. Only problem, if the battery dies or the scope gets wet (which happens a lot during duck season), he's SOL and can't hit anything. My advice: Keep pointing the bead.