Thread: Montana or Willow

Default Montana or Willow

I'm taking my kids fishing Sund - Wed. I haven't been to Montana or Willow in years. Any opinions on which creek we should fish. Kids are up for any fish but I'd like to hook into a few Silvers!

Both are reporting silvers as being present. I was on upper Montana this week & saw TONS of pinks, some chums & a bunch of kings. I did not see any silvers, but that's not to say they're not at the mouth. Montana was very low, imo. Willow also looked low & clear (from the bridge). Little Willow & Sheep were both discolored (dirty) but not high.
    I'd go with which ever campground you like best.

^^^What Gary just said. The other week when I was at Montana, the fish were just chilling under the bridge resting I assume. They wouldn't hit anything except for flesh/white flies. The creek was packed with 'em though. Hope it helps.

Thanks guys! I'm not sure it will matter too much because the kids are just excited to go fishing! We stopped by the Montana Bridge on the way to Anchorage and couldn't believe the big Kings coming thru. Hope they produce well and we can catch them again someday!

Yeah I would do Montana creek u can stand up above the fish and look down on them at the mouth. Yes there is silver's mixed in too. Polarized lens help a lot.small pixie for kiddos ,and if u got a fly rod try starlight pink fly. You will hook everything in there.pinks,chums and when a male silver sees it he will kill it.